FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Almost useless feature of downloading maps

By Crutiatixer February 09, 2017, 16:30:17

Hi. I'm not very satisfied with the new feature of downloading maps for save time of loading maps. Because of this:

1. Download speed is very slow. Almost 5 hours of estimated time to download 2GB. Max speed of downloading is 1.6Mb/s but mostly under 1Mb/s so 125KB/s. It's a far far from my max dowload speed.
  2. "Please note that the download will pause while your app is in the background"  Oh, What?! I have to run the game on screen for 5 hours?! And I can't even play game because if I close download window, the downloading stops. Why it's not possible downloading maps along playing game? A downloading data in background along with playing is happening all the time. Why it's not possible when downloading all maps?
  3. It's not possible to stop downloading and continue later?! After 3 hours I had to interrupt downloading and when I started it again, it started to download from a beginnning!

Speed of downloading would not be problem if downloading would be possible in backgroud while playing game and it would by possible to continue after interrupt downloading. Please, consider this notes and make this feature usefull.
1 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback, we will share it with the team for discussion.

See message in context
Reactions 18
Score : 236

vaya que chafa deberia poder ser por partes

1 -1

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback, we will share it with the team for discussion.

Score : 49

YESSSSSSSS!! finally someone made a thread about this stupid things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 0
Score : 518

for me its made it slower and buggy which is kinda opposite what its should be

1 0
Score : 16

Same here... Loading times are longer now that I've downloaded the maps...Makes no sense at all, if the maps are all on my tablet load times should be almost instant.... Not the 2-3 seconds I'm seeing now.

This should really be priority number one for the team at Ankama.

1 0

Hi GUCarix,

As mentioned in the latest changelog, we have corrected this issue. Are you still experiencing it?

Score : -10

plz tell me who made this useless feature. 

0 -1
Score : 38

Downloaded maps still takes around 2-3 secs to load each map

0 0
Score : 17

Then I'm the only one grateful for this option, right? Because since I downloaded the maps, I can change between 2 maps in less than 1 second! No joke lol.

0 0
Score : 2378

After a few attempts, I did finally get all the maps to download on one of my devices. It's been a slight improvement to load time. Seeing as I've got 30 gigs of space on my SD card, I figured the maps wouldn't be taking up wanted space. In terms of reducing load time, yeah - I'm spending about 1 second per map change - so that's nice.

1 0
Score : 133

I have a question somebody can please answer?? I downloaded the maps, it said "Download Complete, you may now play the game." But where did it download it??? I searched all over my phone, I mean 2 GB isnt a small amount to miss it. I checked ont he APP if in case its where the catch is, but the whole APP doesnt even surpass 1 GB.

Reason is because I want to make sure it was transferred to my SD CARD and not the phone Internal memory. As most of you know, Androids need an external memory to function when used for gaming. Since a phone only comes with a standard memory in which has also the phone information.

This is for a SAMSUNG Galaxy J1 Android phone..

Would appreciate it, thank you.

0 0
Score : 2378

Yeah... when I download the maps, they got put into my phone's cache and I'm having the same issue as I'm having with every other app on my Android phone: I can't choose to install it on the SD card instead of on the phone's internal storage. The images stored in my cache utilized pretty much every kilobyte of remaining free space and blocked my phone's ability to update any other apps. Since the storage of the maps pretty much shut down my phone for any other purpose, I had to remove the maps. With no way to choose where the maps are stored, I won't be downloading them again.

1 0

The data is stored in cache.

1 0
Score : 133

Really? whoa, k will check it. Also so I dont delete the App Cache for this app heh. Thanks,

1 0
Score : 1

there is a chance to make maps be a obb data?

0 0
Score : 75

So? No feedback on the cache prob?... I have it too and its annoying to have to dl it all over again cuz of the auto cleaning on cache...

0 0

1yr ago they still discussing with their team

1 0
Score : 124

Op

0 0
Respond to this thread