FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Gamakna #0 - What you need to know

By #[Izmar] - COMMUNITY MANAGER - January 20, 2017, 18:32:33
AnkaTracker

Those of you who swim in the wider Ankama community may have already heard whispers of something called Gamakna. It's an online magazine that we will be offering to help keep all of our players informed about our projects and plans.

Today, Gamakna #0 is available in French. This is our first attempt at this particular type of project, and due to some technical issues, we were forced to delay the English version of this magazine. However, we assure you that it will be available as soon as possible!

While we're waiting, we do have a little preview for you! The first half of the 2017 production calendar, to be exact.

As you can see at the bottom, there are three major content improvements planned for DOFUS Touch between January and June: Saint Ballotwine, Saint Potrick's Day, and the Revamp of Incarnam.

We hope this little taste will whet your appetite for the full English version of Gamakna, coming soon!
First Ankama intervention

Replying to lightroy

Hi lightroy,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sharing a news soon about our plans and direction for the game in more detail in Missive #5, and hopefully it answers your questions.

See message in context
Reactions 16
Score : 217

cheers was looking forward to the read ...

0 0
Score : 93

Three unnecessary things. 
So, rather than listening to the players that tell you to update classes, update softcaps, update professions, and so forth... you bring events and revamp incarnam, as if it weren't already easy enough.

I'm not telling you to do what I say, but to listen to your fanbase. Bringing over these changes is as easy as it sounds (no planning involved, it has already been tested and refined) and would help greatly people understand the game. Forcing people to make choices they don't know anything about isn't a good way to go to begin with..

Also, why don't you make an article on how the devs are working on dofus touch? Besides solving bugs (something like one/day, with one person working on them), are you actually doing something? Are we going to wait one year to even see the team finder interface you promised since the launch? (You said it was in the work and it doesn't even show up in the list...till june lol)
I don't like commenting on other people's work, but given the speed at which things are moving (so pretty much 0 since the "official" launch) I think it's about time we voice our disappointment.

At least, give us a timeline. But not one with events and so, one with real content, that more seasoned players can look forward to. Because let's state it, a good 50% or even more of the people on Dofus touch have been playing on the desktop version for years before quitting because of the multi accounting, and finally found a new home here.

0 0

Hi lightroy,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sharing a news soon about our plans and direction for the game in more detail in Missive #5, and hopefully it answers your questions.

Score : 169

Hi Lightroy,

Multiaccounting is already present on dofus touch.

GG

Cheers,

0 0

But as they said admitted before, it is way less common, and people seem to enjoy this fact. It's not gone, but it's more of a choice than it is on the desktop version.

0 0
Score : 55

Yep at least 30% of population is multi-account.

not that its a very large population. "needs more advertisement in USA..."

0 0
Score : 236

Very badly almost nothing updates only events and already this is the worst game work should take more attention to dofus touch as only updates are bug fixes or minor changes and it is better to take more content to reach the current version of dofus Or I know why the game is stuck badly ankama

0 0
Score : 42

Firstly, thanks for the update Izmar and continued informtation Flatops, we really appreciate (even though we don't always show it). A timeline of some sort, is great, i was unsure if GAMAKNA was going to involve Dofus Touch, the fact it does is absolutely great for this community! We don't mind waiting a few days for an English translation.

Ok, onto the good stuff. Despite Lightroy's demeanor, i have to agree with a lot of what he says. The devs have been doing great on this game, there are less and less bugs everytime i play. Lots of little updates that may go unnoticed by many, but they all help the game. I recently started playing again after a a 5 month break (played since Canadian release), and the game has imporved dramatically. The hard work put in to fix bugs has paid off, i hope it continues.

This production calander shows us that bigger changes are coming, which can only be good. Whilst a Incarnam revamp might have not been what a lot of players are looking for, in the long run it will certainly be beneficial. A more fun and easy to understand enviroment for new comers will increase the chances of them staying and further increasing the population of the servers. 

A revamp of some sort means that we won't be stuck in 2.14 forver. I agree and understand that Dofus Touch should take its own path with regards to updates, revamps etc. It has too, it has somewhat a different target audience, for now. Whilst we can't see behind the scenes, and i'm sure there is more to it than just 'revamping a class', we feel like we know what would help the game. 

In my opinion, as much as i want to play the revamped Feca, or would love to see some revamped OP Eca's running around, or maybe some Elio's slinging portals across the maps, certain updates will benefit the community much more.

Proffesion revamp, Treasure hunts, Sidekicks, Dungeon/group search (possibly a better version). The charecteristscs revamp is also a big one, however this does tie in with many class revamps so i wouldn't be expecting that for quite some time. All these updates help new, single account players. I would love to see these updates and patches be worked on and hopefully see one or two of them in game this year.

Atlas

3 0

Yep, I've been way too harsh addressing the points I feel need to be worked on, but I am grateful for what Ankama is doing on the game. It is more stable, and now it largely works as it should. Maybe that's what makes me (many) impatient towards those changes that would make the game really great, not to mention overally easier for the new players.
But as Atlas said, we do see your efforts, and these are much apprecciated, really.

1 0

any english version yet ,links ? cheers ...

0 0

Hi ipbanned,

We are excited as everyone elese to share the other languages of Gamakna. We are looking to share the links in the coming days or even earlier.

Grand stuff

0 0

Any English translate yet? Cheers

0 0

Hi ipbanned,

Unfortunately, we haven't received the information that we need from our outside partners to complete the translations. We apologise for the wait but also thank you for staying tuned until we can share it with everyone.

Respond to this thread