FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The closing of DOFUS Touch No Emu

By [Flatops] - ANKAMA - March 27, 2017, 09:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 148
Score : 47

This is a silly idea. Emulators are also used by monocuentas that can not have tablet or are tired of clicking on an unwanted site because of a small screen and poor gameplay for mobiles. Dofus is a game that requires many hours and the phones have low battery. Ankama always shits and will lose many players.

1 0
Score : 1

Diddlydoo... finish game tnx Ankama....

0 0
Score : 32

Good Job wink

0 -1
Score : 17

just a few more thoughts along shutting it down.

what good will it do for Ankama? you will lose a ton of players, myself included. I don't use the Emu to log onto 7 different accounts an use that to get rich. I do play on 3 accounts, but that's just to play by my own when nothing is going on in my guild or my friends are not currently online. most of the people that use the Emu are long time original players from the PC version. I played the PC version for over 8 years, I loved it originally, but then the updates to myself were terrible. so I came to dofus touch. way better then the PC version. just keep in mind that if this is money based how many people do you think will transfer back to the PC version and start paying to play again when they were playing a better version here for free. terrible move Ankama, absolutely terrible. no one will win this, not even you

0 0
Score : 46

i play in no-emu with my monoaccount because when i play with my smartphone this overheat at 5 min, i cant chat with that terrible interface in smartphone. i play in no emu, no for multiaccount, i play because the game is terrible and slowly in smartphone. i didnt pay to no-emu for their service, but i pay the booster-pack with the smartphone, jjust for logg out and login in no-emu.
if u dont want no-emu. you must make your emu for pc

0 0
Score : 72

ANKAMA SO DIDDLYDOO

0 0
Score : 71

jajaja diddlydoo

0 0
Score : 20

Sure, kill your player base. I know fighting bots and stuff sure but that is a bad call. If you focus only on limiting access to your product well the sales will drop. You will have less income, you will have to shut down some of the server machines cause their maintenance cost. Less and less players will play just like with the PC based game "DOfus" or "Wakfu" only a hollow shell will be there for veterans like me to cry over. Burning ruins and nothing more.
PS: Nice content you've added. Oh wait, you didn't bother biggrin
Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money

0 0

Hiiii.

In the future, we know you plan on simplifying the access to end game contents on Dofus PC and make it a lot more available to mono accounts players.

Thinking about the fact Dofus Touch won't follow the same roadmap as it's great brother, that a lots of players are (with reasons) worried about accessibility/feasibility of hard parts of the game while playing an unique account, recruiting, organising with others ; etc, is a similar simplification a priority for the development of Touch ?

While in my sense, being a more important feature for Touch, than PC, this could even serves as an indicator development for PC. We can think too about the fact that Touch actually offers less contents to revamp than PC.

Oh. Something else. Couldn't you think about doing so before all this and creating a ruckus ?

0 0

Creo que esto está bien por el tema de los multi-cuentas. Pero hay otras personas, como yo, que jugamos en emulador porque nuestro celular no da a basto o porque simplemente es más cómodo, es simple: Hagan que el inicio de sesión vaya por IP así como lo hacen otros juegos (Juegos incluso más antiguos de Dofus)

//

I think is great becouse of the multi, but what happen with the players like me that use DT no Emu becouse of our crappy cellphones? I use Emu 'couse is more confortable. Its easy: just make login by IP so they will need another computer for muti ( it can be done with 2 smathphones) its something old in gamer older than Dofus. I hope they don't close it. I won't be able to play if you close Emu.

0 0
Score : 139

Dofus siempre se a caracterizado por dejar crear varias cuentas, no veo el motivo por el cual deberian prohibirlo ahora, ademas uno avanzar como monocuenta es muy dificil.

0 0

this is so bad , becouse I can't play in my phone :S

0 0
Score : 2

The last two words in the title aren't necessary.

0 0

Dofus Touch works only with Wi-Fi off on my phone... And i don't want to use all of my internet! If you close No-Emu, then bye!

0 0

Well... That's the worst idea you could ever have! 90% of players are using No-Emu because it has what is lacking in the game: comfortable gameplay and 0 battery impact on phone. I bought a new mobile and I don't want to fuck its battery in 2 weeks because of Dofus battery draining while playing. If i can't play on pc... Well, I won't play at all. And btw Dofus for PC is too expensive: I've been playing for years and I stopped when I got tired of having to pay 20€/month. Dofus Touch was a fantastic alternative. I decided to restart from the beginning on Dodge and I planned to shop something in order to support your work. But now it's all over. Please, Ankama, don't close No-Emu

0 0

Grats Ankama! You make me stop playing again! I had to stop Dofus pc version because it was too expensive and now I can’t play on phone cause I have a Windows phone… THANK YOU AGAIN

0 0
Score : 32

I could not stand without write this comment.
A lot of people is complaning about closing the game for EMU is a big trouble. I think people should start to think what is the idea of Dofus Touch. It is a game for portable devices. If you want to use the computer, play Dofus. If it is so annoying to play it in a portable device, try to get a 11 inch tablet, maybe it will help.
People, you need to understand the goal of the game. Ankama decide do another game just for this type of devices, so you should not complain than you can't play in the PC.
Another of you talk about money, when you will go to work tell your boss that you don't need salary. Or if you get your own business don't ask for money from customers, but just offer the product.
I think i will follow your ideas and i will complain too. Ankama please make it possible to play Dofus Touch in PS4, because i have one and is more confortable to play on it than in my phone. lulzlaugh
People get over it, if you can't afford to play it, just don't do it.

0 0

Hello everyone,

We have been gathering and discussing your feedback since yesterday and we would like to give you a brief background about our decision and at the same time answer your enquiries.

First of all, we want to make clear that we have nothing personal against the creators of DOFUS Touch No Emu, Thomas and Daniel. They did a great job, unfortunately it is not compatible with DOFUS Touch as a whole. 

When No Emu appeared, [Daffodil] and [Kokillette] quickly contacted Thomas and Daniel to understand their intentions. To be honest, it put us in a quandry as the essence of the game was questioned by the platform. So we studied the situation very carefully.

During this period, we have received initial reports of accounts being hacked, involving No Emu. We then contacted Thomas and Daniel again. They were categorical about their non-liability in this matter, but we were nonetheless worried about the situation. A situation that has worsened due to the escalating complaints of the community, the users of No Emu had a distinct advantage compared to players on tablets / smartphones, and some did not even hesitate in abusing its latest features that resembled the characteristics of a bot.

We understand that players use DOFUS Touch No Emu for comfort, it is a feedback that we hear and that we are ready to study, in particular by continuing to work on the performance of the game according to the mobile platform.

Regarding the question of money, which many of you think is the argument behind our decision, please understand that we have nothing to gain by preventing some players from enjoying the game. Financially speaking, our interest is rather the opposite. As for the donation system organized by Daniel and Thomas on Tipeee, it was not a cause of concern, but it was nonetheless illegal in relation to Ankama.

In the end, we opted for the decision that was the most consistent with the game and with our communication since its launch: DOFUS Touch was designed and developed for a mobile format only, as will its new features. 

That is why we are confident about the future of the game following our decision and we also want to reassure you at this point, we really think that DOFUS Touch will be better without having an alternative PC version that can be exploited, deter the quality and gameplay experience of players.

We are obviously saddened that some people no longer wish to hear about DOFUS Touch following these measures. We would like to assure you that we have noted your feedback and will discuss them earnestly.

Score : 139

Señor cominity Manager tienes razon cuando dices que fue diseñado para moviles, pero al principio del proyecto Ankama nos prometio jugarlo para PC y para moviles, luego dijeron que era imposible trasladar tanta informacion del dofus de pc para la plataforma movil, que tardarian mucho, pero le recuerdo a todo su equipo que al principio nos prometieron una experiencia tanto en PC como en Moviles, ademas Dofus se a caracterizado por ser un juego de PC, muchos de nosotros queremos ser multicuenta y esto es imposible de lograr en un movil, ademas se vuelve tedioso jugar despues de un rato en el movil, piensa en todo lo que hay que dropiar, la dificultad de los munstros, se vuelve muy dificil de hacer todo esto en un movil, pienso que Ankama se deberia reeplantiar la idea de sacar su emu oficial. Gracias por Responder, somos muchos los jugadores preocupados por esta situacion, no somos 10 o 20, somo miles.

Google Traductor:

Mr Cominity Manager you are right when you say that it was designed for mobiles, but at the beginning of the project Ankama promised us to play it for PC and for mobiles, then they said that it was impossible to transfer so much information of the dofus of pc for the platform movil, that would take a lot, but I remind all his team that at the beginning we were promised an experience both in PC and in Moviles, also Dofus is characterized by being a PC game, many of us want to be multi-user and this is impossible to achieve in a mobile, It becomes tedious to play after a while in the phone, think of everything that has to be dropped, the difficulty of the musicians, it becomes very difficult to do all this in a mobile, I think that Ankama should reeplantiar the idea of getting his emu official. Thanks for responding, we are many players worried about this situation, we are not 10 or 20, we are thousands.

1 0

If the dofus designed for pc does not need a premium account there would be many more players outside of France

0 0
Score : 141

@estrokimoker If I really like a game and find a very pleasant way to play it, then when that way is denied, I try to ensure that those who want to remove it understand that 50% of my wealth when I play is the fact that I don't use the UI that they developed for that game.

@fr3i1tas +1! I would be one of them.

@Flatops Hi!
I will focus more on this answer, because I care.
When I said that Emu No is essential to play dofus touch, I said something stupid (that's a mobile game), but at the same time very real: playing on mobile devices is really uncomfortable. The keyboard is small, maps are small, spells are very close together, I often touch the wrong spell, etc etc.
If I had to decide the way forward for development of the game, I'm sure I would start from the GUI. There is something wrong, no doubt. And you know that when something is uncomfortable, you get bored sooner or later. Adding new content is undoubtedly very important and fundamental, but in this case I think it goes into the background.
I can play Dofus Touch on a smartphone and a tablet. I don't use the first one because I don't want to spoil the battery, and the second I must say it is very comfortable. But ... it is SLOW. It has two years (it's a samsung galaxy tab E) and changing map makes the game boring. Every time I change map, it takes several seconds before next one is loaded. I downloaded maps offline, but it did not improve the performance.
Another topic: multi accounting. Well, who plays with multiple accounts is rich and tends to become more and more rich. On this we agree. We disagree however on another aspect: the economy. Who sells all higher-level objects? I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of those things is sold by people playing with multiple accounts. Why? Because very often who plays alone is unable to complete a dungeon, and it makes it hard in general. Why? Because waiting 25-30 minutes whenever you want to do something is boring and annoying, especially on mobile devices, because the battery will discharge and the device becomes heat. In addition, the small screen does not help. This is why you will introduce Arenas, isn't it? Less waiting time and dungeons that can be made alone or in groups that will be easier to create. What about extending (quickly!) this concept to all dungeons (from Gobbal one, to those lvl 200), or you could add a tab at the top of the screen, no-emu style, from which you can access to another account (or other accounts). Playing with two accounts, for example, allows you to do many more things. First: fewer players needed to be able to withstand a difficult dungeon (2 players = 4 account, that is a dungeon). Second: a person aware of the fact of not having to wait is more motivated and has more desire to play. Third: paradoxically, using two accounts simultaneously, helps to grow faster (and for a mobile game is a pretty important thing). Is not that why you introduced the bonus packs?
The multiaccount player, which will, no doubt, become increasingly rich, is the one who is able to satisfy the demands of other players who, for lack of time or weakness, can't overcome dungeons and craft the items they need.
Removing the multi account (No Emu facilitated it) will discourage many multi accounters, and the effect will lead the market to be less and less rich and emptier. This will mean difficulties to buy equipment and to whirl kamas between players. All things will cost much more and, moreover, the number of players will drop a lot, making the server empty. What about adding that "second account" tab, then?

I apologize for the length of what I wrote, but I really like Dofus Touch, and I'd like to be useful for its improvement (at least i try). These were my ideas, I hope to be useful!

3 0
Score : 141

I explain more briefly the concept of my speech: Dofus Touch is a mobile game developed from a PC game and this aspect is too tangible, for GUI and for general progress.

You have to choose: make the single character growth possible, or add "easy" multi accounting, even with only a second account.
Both the solutions bring freshness and playability to a game that is a nice idea, but it's so challenging and difficult for players.
I would be happy to have one only account, if I knew I could do many things with it! Instead, an account is not enough, if every time I want to do a dungeon-xp-drop-kolossium I have to wait ages.
I would be happy to have one only account, if I could find what I want to buy in the market (the player-player market, not the currency one) at a decent price! But that's possible only if dungeons were resized - or with multi accounting.

0 0
Respond to this thread