FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Anti-bot measure: Captcha

By [Flatops] - ANKAMA - March 22, 2017, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker

We've announced a few days ago that fighting bots is one of our top priorities at the moment. Today, we present to you another solution that will come into play tomorrow: the Captcha.

What's a Captcha?

Captcha is the acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart". This is a program to curb spam and automated data extracation from websites... or on DOFUS Touch!

How will this happen on DOFUS Touch?

The deployment of the Captcha will be spread over several updates, to ensure that everything is functioning properly. This is a mechanic that is complicated to test in real conditions, which is why we are counting on you to make us a maximum of relevant returns!

First step of CAPTCHA
Second step of CAPTCHA

Will it block real players?

The probability to trigger a Captcha during its first deployment is very low. And even if that was the case, its resolution by a human being does not require more than 20 seconds. After all, the goal remains to hinder bots and not players! It is good to know that a Captcha can't be triggered during combat.

For security reasons, we will be vague on the subject so as not to disclose too much information to shady people. The Captcha system will be improved as updates are made to adapt this new feature to DOFUS Touch and always with the aim of leaving less and less relief to the bots!

First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the feedback. If you have suggestions to add in our combat against bots, please don't hesitate to let us know! With regards to the Captcha frequency, it is purely random so let us know if it hampers your gameplay (for the real players happy).

See message in context
Reactions 22
Score : 127

Thank you Ankama!

1 0
Score : 16

Buena idea. para combatir un poco mas a los bots

1 0
Score : 39

What can I say, it looks like a good idea, although I hope we won't have to deal with tons of these captcha, because they can be very annoying at certain point.

0 0
Score : 94

Better to deal with captchas than with bots... Good move, Ankama!

1 0
Score : 16

Nice thats good for everyone
No?

1 0
Score : 1

How frequent will this captcha be? I understand that you need to stop bots and stuff, but its hard enough to play the game on a phone as it is. I'm going to be really put off if it's popping up every 20 minutes to annoy me.

0 0
Score : 4

plas plas plas! It's great!!

0 0
Score : 223

More security! Yaaaaay!

1 0

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the feedback. If you have suggestions to add in our combat against bots, please don't hesitate to let us know! With regards to the Captcha frequency, it is purely random so let us know if it hampers your gameplay (for the real players happy).

Score : 106

Cuando la mejora de la interfaz de la forjamagia.......!!!

0 0
Score : 4

Ponga el idioma español

0 0

não consigo sair da interface do captcha, sempre que seleciono a opção certa a tela muda e não sai.. já estou a 4 dias travado no mesmo lugar, me ajudem...

0 0

Hi vahnzord,

Kindly file a ticket here so our Support team can troubleshoot your issue.

tengo un grande problema con esta basura de programa que pusieron, paro mas baneado que jugando la verdad, nose para que implementaron esta vaina tan mala, en dofus normal no estaba y bien que les servia agradeceria que se comunicaran conmigo ya que e perdido 3 dias o 4 de mi bonus pack y eso es perdida de kamas, las kamas no me las regalan dofus, aparte que me den solucion porque esos captcha no me sirven los de señales de transito son una verdadera porqueria. 

0 0

Hi andrees13,

For your account status, please contact our Support team at https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=625847.

Score : 19

Lol I'm lvling my farmer atm, and this anti-bot system poped up, but it was like 30 images, signs and cars, one after another, i was like WTF?? It was like never ending story.... 0_0 is this normal ?

0 0

Hi drsafit,

How many captchas did you receive exactly? Are you still experiencing it now?

Score : 3

Ami me descargo bien pero no me bota imagenes ni nada m sale  actalize repcatcha y nose q pasa con mi cuenta ya no me sale sad

0 0

Hi Nacho-bmx,

Kindly relaunch the app. If the issue persists, please contact our Support team here.

Score : 3

pero eso no los detendra, estos tipos abren lindo no emu a 15 cuentas abriendo el programa 4 vese y luego abren otro emulador que simula ser un humano apretando infinitamente el pozo, mientras el tipo este esta mirando la pantalla pendiente de este captcha para darle a aseptar y seguir en lo suyode robar agua, lo que podran aser seria poner un limite "diario" de cubos de agua de pozo por pj. Ej. por cada pj solo podrias sacar unos 50 o 100 maximo de agua de pozo  

0 0

Hi elilucionista,

Thanks for the feedback, we've taken note of it.

[Flatops]

Respond to this thread