FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Open Beta Testing: Spell Balancing Update

By [Flatops] - ANKAMA - July 06, 2018, 10:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

As promised, Spell Balancing is now in Beta! Find out how to access the Beta, as well as the changes made.

The first run of spell balancing changes is now available in Open Beta through the DOFUS Touch Early app.

How do I access the Beta?

• If you're on an Apple device, visit the App Store, look up the application "DOFUS Touch Early", and download it.
  • With Google, you'll need to use this link on your mobile device to access it.

If you already have the app, all you need to do is update it from your app store.

Kindly post your feedback and bug reports in our Beta Feedback category in the forum.

No reward is planned, but you'll get the satisfaction of contributing to the update's success!

Changelog

Below are all the changes related to spell balancing in this beta. Other balancing and modifications, which are either more complex or require development, are to follow and will be discussed in the same way.

Please note: The illustrations for some spells and spell icons have not yet been updated properly; this will be updated later on in the beta.

Sadida

• The Tree of Life spell has been replaced by a new Summon, the Groute. Replaces the targeted doll with a controllable tree that can:
    • Push a target
    • Shorten the length of bewitchments
    • Heal in an area of effect (3 cells around itself)

At the end of its turn, it disappears and heals any of its owner's dolls on the battlefield.

Osamodas

• Spiritual Leash: The leash will now apply a 25% resistance penalty to allies as long as the revived target is alive.
  • Toad: Can no longer be cast on a revived target.
  • Natural Defence: Can no longer be cast on a revived target.

Enutrof

• Bribery: The spell can no longer be cast on the first turn.

Iop

• Precipitation: The spell can no longer be cast on the first turn.
  • Intimidation: The number of casts per turn is now 3 at spell level 6. The number of casts per target is now 2 per turn at spell level 6.

Feca

• Truce: Will now apply the Pacifist state to its caster on the turn after being cast. This state prevents the caster from causing damage (of any source), such that they can no longer sidestep this spell's limitations by casting it at the end of the turn. It will, however, disappear at the end of the turn.
  • Fraction: Is now "Ataraxia". Will apply a shield that reduces the damage inflicted by the next attack to zero before disappearing.
  • Spell Rebound: Is now "Barricade". Reduces all close-combat damage suffered for 1 turn, and increases the target's MP if they suffer ranged damage.
  • Immunity: Is now "Bastion". Reduces all ranged damage taken. Increases the target's Power if they suffer close-combat damage.
  • Glyphs: The Feca's glyphs no longer deal damage to allies when these allies are inside the glyphs.

Ecaflip

• Reflex: The erosion value applied is now 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15% at levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 respectively. Its range is now 3, 3, 4, 4, 5 instead of 3. Damage has been reduced at all spell levels.
  • Rough Tongue: Inflicts Fire damage on enemies. On an enemy: Reduces range for the current turn, but increases it on the following turn. On an ally: Increases range for the current turn, but reduces it on the following turn.

Masqueraider

• Coward Mask: The spell no longer applies the Weakened state to the caster. The dodge bonus has been replaced by an MP bonus.

Xelor
  • Slow Down: The spell now costs 2 AP to cast.
  • Haziness: The spell now removes 2 undodgeable AP from all targets in its area of effect for 1 turn. All targets affected will recover 2 AP on the following turn.

Rogue

• Bombs: Their health is now 25% of the caster's HP (up from 20%).
  • Boombot: The spell can no longer be cast on the first turn.
  • Extraction: The spell no longer has a minimum range. Damage has been increased at all spell levels.

Sram

• Tricky Trap: Is now a 1-cell cross trap. Once triggered, it draws any targets on the trap toward the center. Inflicts Fire damage.
First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We do not have info to share at the moment when these changes will be applied in the live servers as testing is currently on-going.

Don't forget to share with us your thoughts about these changes here.

See message in context
Reactions 85
Score : 18

el unico cambio que me gusto es el del sram solo para ke tenga mas variedad de elementos

1 0
Score : 5

Boa, osa e feca se lasquem

0 0
Score : 26

Buen nerfeo si señor, ankama sigue en su media.

0 -1
Score : -9

Lo bueno es que amenos reflejo ya no da 90% incurables ese era ilegal a un que la mejora de está pareciendo a Dofus de PC no hay ningún problema lo veo bn

0 0
Score : 14

Pensaría que asi como le bajan el número de veces a intimidación le subieran un poco el daño para nivelar ese golpe extra que perdemos

0 0
Score : 94

I rarely use spirtual leash but now you have effectively ensured I will never cast it. -resis for the entire team is absurd and would make more sense tactically (and lore wise) to apply the debuff to just the osa (your allies are such unruly and taxing summons haha). On the same note making slow down 2ap seems unfitting given how narrowly used xelors are. I quit playing xelor when blinding protection went away/ wis based reflects werent a thing. Xelors are exclusively limited to being intel damagers endgame, you have a real opportunity to balance their neglible damage in other elements by further tweaking slow down. I feel the steps taken for iop and ecaflip are very appropriate. Feca will take some getting used to but the changes seem to be fair- I'm gonna miss imunnity. Thanks for posting the spell changes!

0 0
Score : 56

Slow Down: The spell now costs 2 AP to cast, what a joke...

1 0
Score : 45

Buff the srams more than they were, the others are okay.

0 0
Score : 26

Oh my God, they're giving the Sram its mini rework! But how does the Coward Mask scale with spell ranks, if the Dodge bonus is now an MP bonus? By the way, along with the Sram update, you might want to consider giving them the stat points change or fire Srams are going to suck. Feel free to ask the Dofus PC team how they did it.
Now an exciting change that happened to the Eca was Clover and the support path it opened. Please consider adding it to the game.

0 0
Score : 106

I would like you to implement the separation of the base statistics points from those given by scrolls.
It steals many points and is poorly distributed

1 0
Score : 2

boa, boa

1 -1
Score : 501

I don't think applying a 25% resistance penalty to all allies is the way to power down Spiritual Leash, you'd do better fully removing the spell. And I don't even play Osamodas. As a suggestion, you should limit turns in which the revived target remains in game (ie. 3 turns after leashed) or maybe apply a decaying poison on the target which increases its damage on the target every turn (just like Toxic from Pokemon).

Regarding the Beta Server, I'd suggest updating the characters database everytime changes are announced and applied in order to fully help testing changes.

0 0
Score : 70

I don't think penalty for all allies is approprate.Due to erosion of eca or iop revived target is useless in new conditions.Only in very appropriate order still can work.I should say

0 0
Score : 70

I should say osa is nerfed.Bow is nerfed.Osa becomes half healer,res osa with that balancing quite useless too.

0 0
Score : 100

Yo pienso que deben nerfar al sram y su invi son 3 turnos y 5 de 2 pm extras en 1 vs 1 no hay razas que le puedan ganar si no eres gato o ocra deberian bajarle a 2 turnos invi y 1 pm.

0 0
Score : 1

Please test masq spells no just coward masq... 

0 0
Score : 76

Estan muy buenos los balances

0 -3
Score : 100

Deben nerfear el doble del sram y hacerlo de resistir 3 golpes(y muere) y desaparecer a los 3 turnos de haberlo invocado. Pueden poner los stats como los del zobal a todos los pjs para mas libertinaje en elemento por ejemplo un ocra. Jamas veo dd agi y si los veo después se cambian a fo o int que tienen más libertad en stats. También que absorción y ralentizante sean lazandos 2 por turno que de lv 1 a 150 veo solo de int. !Abajo los srams la clase mas op de dofus touch¡ .

0 0
Score : 72

Alright - Let's talk about Feca. After testing in beta my summary is a huge pvp nerf but slight PVM buff. I get that this is attempting to make Feca more like Dofus PC, but why not just update it completely? Right now it's like Feca is getting all the nerfs first, then we won't get another update for who knows how long with the rest of it.

Firstly, was Feca really that overpowered? When you compare it classes like Cra that can do -range, -ap, -mp, gravity, what else?? effectively leaving their targets a sitting duck taking huge amounts of damage as well?

New Fraction Spell - Useless in PVP. Shield that lasts 1 hit?  I can see this maybe having some value in PVM versus bosses, but PVP it will just be easily avoided by any smart player.

Immunity Changes (Long Range and CC) - This concept is fine for PVM and I like the bonuses, but again something that will just be avoided in PVP.

Lastly if you guys are going to make it so glyphs don't damage allies, can't you also make it so MP and AP glyphs don't affect them? 

1 0
Respond to this thread