Open Beta Testing: Spell Balancing Update

By [Flatops] - ANKAMA - July 06, 2018, 10:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 85
Score : 3

I am liking the absorb int of Natural attack

0 0
Score : 117

Se hara algo de implementar nuevos trofeos?

0 0

Hello everyone,

We've applied an update to the Spell Balancing Beta. 

You can find the changelog here.

Let us know what you think about these changes here!

Will be adeed any new thropy? Also xelor's shrivelling is a usselles spell at lvl 30+ ididn't saw any xelor using it, maybe change it a bit adding a positionation effect wold be fine.

0 0

Hi -DarkAngelus,

There are no plans at the moment to add new trophies as we've decided to add new equipment first. We've noted your feedback regarding Xelor's spells.

Why Flatops said in server status that will be avariable for today and it isnt?

0 0

Hi -DarkAngelus,

The Spell Balance update has no specific date yet as testing is still on-going.

Score : 1

Flatops como es el procedimiento para reportar un usuario de emulador para ser multicuenta?

0 0

Hi peruano97,

You can find the guide here: https://www.dofus-touch.com/en/forum/67-general-discussion/3637-como-contactar-moderador. Thank you for your vigilance!

Score : 307

As a player that has had a team of 3 Xelors (lvls 200, 199 and 198) I would like to give my share of feedback to his changes:

Change: Homing Hand is replaced by Cog. This spell deals Earth damage and the caster gains 1 AP the following turn.

My thoughts: This change is obviously better than its original form. Looking at the goal of the Xelor changes: "We want to offer different roles for Xelor so it can find its place more easily in PvM, but also in PvP despite its AP removal being reduced." I want to say that Cog should not only do Earth damage, but also scale with Earth stats (even if it's very small) to make Earth Xelor more viable.

Change: Loss of Motivation's effect has been increased. In return, the duration of the effect has been decreased.

My thoughts: I like this change. Even at 1 AP cost the spell did not feel worth to cast. For the ones that are not aware of the changes for Loss of Motivation: -10 AP Loss Resistance (4 turns) from -3 AP Loss Resistance (8 turns) at level 6

Change: Xelor's Dial now deals air damage to the area around him at the beginning of his turn.

My thoughts: I love this, really awesome change. Like Loss of Motivation this summon really felt underwhelming. I would like to see the damage stats. The only problem I have with the summon itself is that the damage is only applied on the first turn (maybe make him do Air Damage per Oscillation?). The summon can only be cast after every 4 turns at max rank 6, this makes it really hard to rely on the damage of Air Xelor. Another thing that is worth mentioning as a sidenote for Xelors; the problem is that Fire Xelor has too many advantages over the other elements because of many diverse spells that it has. Mainly it's spells that not require Line of Sight. Earth, Water (besides Needle) and Air all have spells that can not damage an enemy behind walls while Fire has an AoE, a no LoS spell and also spells that are modifiable. If you want to have a more diverse Xelor, the Devs should keep this in mind.
Update: the Xelors' Dial damage is extremely low and it looks like I was excited for no reason. It basically does 92-94 Air damage on a dummy with 0% Air Resist as a lvl 200 Xelor (lvl 6 Xelors Dial).

Change: Slow Down: The spell now costs 2 AP to cast. Additionally Slowdown deals water damage in addition to AP removal.

My thoughts: This change is REALLY bothering me. The fact that Enutrof has Clumsiness that is similar to Xelor's Slow Down except that it removes MP instead of AP is really silly. Let me also say this: for PvM the AP removal spells felt really useless for higher level mobs as a Xelor. You're now increasing it's cost so people will it use it even less frequently. I would suggest the Devs to keep this a -3 AP removal 1 AP cost spell. Because if you guys have a problem with the fact that Xelor removes AP, then you should keep in mind that a Xelor removes AP at the cost of doing less damage than the other classes. If you want to make Xelor more viable in PvM, then the stat removal (AP/MP) numbers need to be tweaked imo. These spells have very little effect and a Xelors presence in PvM is mostly useful only because of Rhol Bak. Also keep in mind that most Xelor's wont remove -3 AP successfully (most of the time its -1 AP or -2 AP in my experienced days of 3 Xelors) unless you have very high Wisdom stats at the cost of damage.

Change: Haziness: The spell now removes 2 undodgeable AP from all targets in its area of effect for 1 turn. All targets affected will recover 2 AP on the following turn.

My thoughts: This is also a very disliked change because Xelor also removes his own AP for 2 turns. This spell was a very reliable AP removal spell that assured the -2 AP removal for 2 turns. It also actually worked against PvM mobs, it assured the -2 AP removal which was very useful. I don't see why this was so important to be nerfed honestly..

Lastly I would like to share my own changes for Xelor. With these changes there should be a more balanced Xelor:

- Frostbite now requires no LoS.
- Dark Ray now reduces AP Loss Resistance instead of Range, this nerf was made to balance out Fire element over the other elements but also felt like the Range steal mechanic did not belong in this class.
- Time Theft is replaced by Chronosphere. Now deals Water damage, no longer steals AP but rather removes it from the enemy. Costs 3 AP, Range remains the same. Unmodifiable and requires LoS. Can be cast once per target.
- Xelor's Dial (would have loved if this was a Sandglass or Clock rather than some weird transparant figure but that's just the look of it) now deals Air Damage to the enemies he cast Oscillator on. Cost increased to 4 AP, Turns between two casts reduced to 3 (reason explained earlier above). There can only be one Dial up in the battlefield, when resummoned the other one is destroyed.
- Slow Down is unchanged, -3 AP steal costs 1 AP (reason explained earlier above).
- Homing Hand is replaced by Cog. This spell deals Earth damage and the caster gains 1 AP the following turn. Number of casts increased to 3. Earth Xelor needs to have a better damage output per turn, the lack of range (especially diagonal Earth damage) needs to be balanced out. So Cog can be cast 3 times per turn and costs 3 AP.
- Haziness is unchanged, -2 AP steal on all affected targets for 2 turns (reason explained above, this is an essential spell for a teamfight whether its PvM or PvP).

Keep in mind that I have played Xelor in every element. Xelor's main role should be AP removal and should NOT follow it's footsteps of Dofus PC Xelor. The balance of damage numbers should be decided by the Devs, I only suggested some elemental tweaks and changes to spell characteristics.

Update: Made Frostbite require no LoS instead of Shivellring. Hitting players 3 times without the need of LoS was a bit too much after testing it. Frostbite can be cast once per target so this should be more suitable for a no LoS spell.
Xelors Dial needs damage numbers on the description, couldn't see how much damage it does in the beta, also- does this scale with your characters' Agility?

0 0

Updated comment above.

0 0
Score : 17

Desconozco si estaís haciendo caso a lo que la gente está opinando en los comentarios, pero ahí va mi opinión:

Fecas actualment: vas a pueblo y muy dificilmente ves alguno. Vas al mapa de koli a espectar y dificilmente ves a alguno.
No sé si ustedes tienen los porcentajes de razas usadas en el juego, pero estoy muy seguro que feca zobal y timador dificilmente lleguen al 3%.

A dónde quiero ir a parar con esto: creo que os habeis equivocado con el cambio en el feca. En el dofus de pc los cambios a reenvio e invulnerabilidad venían en conjunto con los cambios en los demás hechizos. Actualmente sin una rama de aire y sin glifo gravitacional o el de inte que quita pm, no veo la utilidad de tirarse un escudo CaC cuando no tiene ninguna posibilidad de placar a nadie.

Lo que vengo a decir es que los fecas minimamente se ven actualmente, y los que se ven mayoritariamente dan mucho uso tanto a reenvio como a invulnerabilidad como a fracción. Los considero, objetivamente, un total downgrade para la raza si no van complementados con los cambios que se hicieron en su momento en dofus pc.

Como ha comentado otro forero anteriormente, parece que se quiere usar de conejito de indias el feca ahora mismo con estos cambios, sin tener ni idea de que va a ocurrir con ellos. Todo esto conllevará que menos fecas se creen/se usen, por lo que su población aún disminuirá más.

Mi opinión es que el cambio al feca que se hizo en dofus pc fue acertado, así como su estaso actual en dofus touch, pero esta modificación “a medias” solamente provocará la desaparición del uso del pj en el juego.

Espero que se reflexione adecuadamente y piensen si realmente es bueno hacer la modificación al feca a medias y de mala forma, o si bien es mejor dejarlo tal y como está (contando que el buff a ataque natural y burbuja son correctos).
Gracias por leer y espero que hagan esta reflexion.

0 0

Opinando sobre tu comentario, tymas ya han bufado los de inte un poco y la vida de las bombas en la beta, a ver que ocurre, zobal si es verdad que hay pocos, pero de fecas si he visto en koli, nose tu lvl pero de 180+ si hay varios, mas que pandas o anus diria yo. Aunque no soy jugador de feca, los cambios de inmu a cac o distancia los veo bien, lo hacen para que no sean incocables en ese turno, sino que tenga alguma brecha que puedan confrontar los enemigos, pero de igual manera en un caso le da daños y en el otro pm en el caso de ser dañados, asi que no es tan malo a mi parecer, y el nuevo reencio de hechizo se puede lanzar varias veces en el turno, asi que no es tan malo al fin y al cabo. Yo veo correcto los cambios, si alguien opina distinto, me gustaría saber su opinión.

0 0

Hello everyone,

We've applied an update to the Spell Balancing Beta. 

You can find the changelog here.

Let us know what you think about these changes here!

Hi, I know that this space is for spell update, but no one said me anything in tue forum so, its about kolisseum and lvl 200, because there are lvl 185+ that have the same amount of cota that lvl 200 have, and lvl 200 have a big difference power than a lvl 200-, so it will possible to:
a)Add 300 cota to lvl 200 and whrn you lvl up to 200.
b)Make that if there is por example 2 lvl 200 in your team, that the other need to have 2 200 too, the same if there's one.
c)Make a kolisseum for lvl 200 only.

It's really difficult to be lvl 200- and battle with them also if you loose the cota only decrease 1 point, so is nearly impossible to reduce it.

Its a bit desesperating, and also the lvl 200 use to rage you because you're like 190- and its really disappoining.

I gived some options, I don't know if it would be possible to make it a bit balanced, thanks for reading.
Also, I wold like to hear opinions about the players opinions above form the forum leaders, thanks.

0 0

Update: The updated changes from the August 14th for Xelor are non-relevant. Overall every update so far doesn't help the class whatsoever. His AP removal is nerfed and he doesn't have the damage numbers to compete against the other classes. He isn't getting any compensation for his AP removal nerf, the changes you introduced are only trying to make other elemental Xelors relevant but ignore the fact that this class is now neither in a support role (AP removal) nor a DPS role- the class is losing character and uniqueness.
Because let's be real, Slow Down costs 2 AP and you have the chance to reduce the opponents' AP by 0. A Xelor will use his own 2 AP to reduce the opponents AP by 0/1/2/3. Which means without involving a very high amount of Wisdom, if you're lucky, you will reduce the opponents AP by as much as you cast Slow Down (-2 AP). If not, you reduce your own AP more than you reduce your opponents' (and you have a higher % chance to). I don't know what Dofus Touch developers are thinking honestly, you expect Xelors to self-AP-rape now?

Regarding the kolosseum problem that -DarkAngelus- mentioned: I understand what you mean by having to face a team of 200's. But I don't think we have the luxury of applying a level balancing system for the teams, since finding a kolo match (especially in Grandapan) is already rare on itself. The kolosseum rating is not even fair since people wintrade all the time, I think they should fix this before even beginning to think about a level balancing system of the teams.

0 0

Ninja-mgs in brutas kolisseum its fine and I never seen wintrades, for that I think that the best option is go with some friends and no random people, but if there is any option ti avoid it by amakna would be great, the problem making teams here is that if the team is 185+ with hight cota you will battle vs 197+ and even 200. Kolisseum problems needs to be fixed and for avoid your problem, maybe a fusion of kolisseums of all servers will be great.

Also I main xelor, and the only problem i see is the 2 ap relantizatin, its a bit hard to handle that because its the main atack of xelors, also in the forum i've seen about the ray spell, to change the al to ap removal, its a great idea! Also add it to "marchitación" the age spell, can be helpfull. And change the image of the sphere, its a bit boring. 
Little comment for the updates, I see really little changes every beta, why don't try to change a bit more, its the beta, let's try! Wait a hole week for a little change, hm.. Make a huge one! I'm waiting for it! We're testing anyways!

1 0

-DarkAngelus-|2018-08-14 22:28:32
Ninja-mgs in brutas kolisseum its fine and I never seen wintrades, for that I think that the best option is go with some friends and no random people, but if there is any option ti avoid it by amakna would be great, the problem making teams here is that if the team is 185+ with hight cota you will battle vs 197+ and even 200. Kolisseum problems needs to be fixed and for avoid your problem, maybe a fusion of kolisseums of all servers will be great.

Also I main xelor, and the only problem i see is the 2 ap relantizatin, its a bit hard to handle that because its the main atack of xelors, also in the forum i've seen about the ray spell, to change the al to ap removal, its a great idea! Also add it to "marchitación" the age spell, can be helpfull. And change the image of the sphere, its a bit boring. 
Little comment for the updates, I see really little changes every beta, why don't try to change a bit more, its the beta, let's try! Wait a hole week for a little change, hm.. Make a huge one! I'm waiting for it! We're testing anyways!

I never played on another server besides Grandapan so I can't say much about Kolosseum in that server. But I believe you if you say it's frustrating to play against higher level players.

I agree that the biggest issue is the nerf of Slow Down (Ralentissement) to 2 AP. As you see on the comment that I wrote above you, it is not even worth to use anymore because you as a Xelor have more AP to lose than the opponent. And yes, if they don't like how Xelor is right now (an AP remover) then they need to make a huge update and not make him a mixture of lower class AP remover and low damage dealer. The updates are really small and irrelevant and the developers need to come with something better than this.
1 0
Score : 13

As Pippen23 said above, fecas need some other inprovements.
In beta, fecas have lost 3 of their best defensive spells, and now they are quite defensless in each situation:
Barricade and bastion: simply attack the feca in 1 square, or in 2 or more.
Ataraxia: simply use 1 attack with low AP cost.

These are NOT the defenses that fecas used to have, but their attack is maily the same (yeah, we have the natural attack boost. That is great, but it won't make a big difference in our performance).
I have said this in another comment before, there are some changes that you could make in beta to try:
- Agility build to make feca more suitable to attract or reflect enemies to a distance, also you can change the aggresive glyph to an agility type.
- Unificate all our elemental shields in 1 unique shield, and use the free remaining spells to implement something (more attacks maybe?). Also, our attaks mainly reduce enemies int, chance or vision or AP, could we have some attacks that reduces damages, MP or someting.
- a SHIELD!! Something like in dofus pc, that absorbs all damages in area until it breaks.

Thank you for your hard work.
I would like to use this moment to wish you all happy holidays!

0 0

Hello everyone,

The Beta is currently unavailable but it'll be back next week with a big patch for final testing! Watch out for the changelog and let us know what you think.

Hello everyone,

You can find the latest Beta changelog in English and in Spanish. The Beta server is now available for testing, don't forget to share with us your feedback!

Score : 72

ciao Flatops
In the Beta changelog is indicated:
[...] Following these balance adjustments, all your characters' stats have been reset. Furthermore, the points of all spells affected by a major change have also been reset. [...]

Once the change will land, this means that all the aquired points thought scrolls or cosumables will be lost and need to be aquired again, or you have a method to reset only natural points?

thanks

0 0

Hi zappaterra,

Only the natural points will be reset. You will keep your additional points from scrolls or consumables.

Respond to this thread