FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Ceremonial Items

By [Ankama]DOFUS-Touch - ANKAMA - September 02, 2019, 14:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Donning the finest items to customize your character will soon be child's play when you can use ceremonial items. Continue reading this new devblog to learn more!

Many players consider their character's appearance to be very important. Beating your opponents is good, but when you've got style, that's even better!

An alternative to the Mimisymbic system is about to be released with the next major update: ceremonial items.

But what exactly are these items, you ask?

Lasting Cosmetic Choices

The idea of a ceremonial item is to apply its appearance to a piece of equipment. Ceremonial items can't be lost and can be used on your various items as many times as you want, allowing for optimal flexibility.

For example, if my Witter Beanie becomes a ceremonial item, I can apply its appearance to my Gobball headgear, remove it, and then apply it again to my Toady headgear, and so on.

And since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a demonstration!
As you can see, your inventory will now have slots reserved for ceremonial items. Simply place the skin you want in one of these, and you're all set!

What items will be available as ceremonial versions?

More or less all current cosmetic items in the game will be offered in ceremonial form: items given out by community managers (Witter Beanie, T'Youb Cloak, Shield O'Discord, etc.), items awarded during in-game events (Ascension Diadem, Dungeon Rusher shields, etc.), etc.

Equipment items in the Shop will also become ceremonial items; this includes Prestige items. Please note that at this time, for practical reasons, this won't apply to pets and petsmounts that have already been purchased, as their bonuses are used by all level groups within the community.

This is less the case with sets in the Shop, whose equivalents can be accessed directly in the game, particularly through the Incarnam and Astrub Lairs.

Miscellaneous Questions

Will the announced changes to shields essentially make them ceremonial items?

Not at all! Although cosmetic shields will indeed become ceremonial, other shields will be fully redesigned to have an impact on gameplay. Please be patient a little longer until we tell you more…

What purpose will Mimisymbics have now?

Mimisymbics will still be useful, as you can still use them to apply the appearance of items that are not available in ceremonial form to your equipment; for example, you can use a Mimisymbic to give your Missiz Freezz headgear the appearance of a Solomonk.

Will changes be retroactive?

Yes, all applicable items will retroactively become ceremonial.
Reactions 7
Score : 339

So basically if i put and item in the ceremonial slot (light Gray), that Will give its cosmetics to my character, except Pets for the Moment.

And also, every item can be placed in the ceremonial slots with Just some exceptions without ruining or consuming It, correct?

0 0
Score : 633

How I understood it was, that all equipment from Shop (+ events) will be changed to Ceremonial while old pets and petmounts will retain their normal status. I think newly bought pets after update will be Ceremonial too, but that part was a bit confusing to me aswell so, we'll see if someone else knows better or know for sure once the update lands.

And no, not all items can be placed in the Ceremonial slot, just those that are Ceremonial items (ones with light grey background in your inventory) meaning you still have to use Mimisymbics to gain looks from other equipment with stats. But yeah, Ceremonial items won't be ruined or consumed by putting on/taking off from the Ceremonial slots.

0 0
Score : 23

¿Tanto costaba que se pudiesen usar sin necesidad de tener un objeto encima ejemplo ponerse un escudo de shop sin necesidad de tener uno equipado? Es absurdo que no podamos usar escudos que no dan ningun bonus encima por tener unas dagas o espadas, si lo que quieren mejorar son los cosmeticos pues permitan que se realice eso, ahora los arreos, los pavos se ven HORRIBLES así necesitamos algo para darles una personalización adecuada. Ankama haciendo todo a medias...

0 0
Score : 69

Pelo menos implementaram algo de útil no jogo... PARABENS!

0 0
Score : 46

Y para cuando es la actualización, por qué no dan una fecha y así dejar tanta especulación.

0 0
Score : 2

will deleted items (that have now become ceremonial) be restored to the account as ceremonial items?
for example: I used a Mimisymbic with [Capnoman Tengu] cape (dofus touch year anniversary gift?) before Ourobubble was released, when i had obtained my Ourobubble cape i had no use for the cape i had used the Mimisymbic on, so i removed the Mimi from it to sell

would be nice to know that things we had and can no longer obtain would be restored to accounts now they have an alternate purpose

0 0
Score : 71

Cuando van a mejorar la apariencia de los sombreros lo que arreglaron en el dofus de pc pues mi sombrero en ciertas direcciones seve corrido o no toma la forma de la cabeza

0 0
Respond to this thread