FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Future of Dopple Spells

By [Ankama]DOFUS-Touch - ANKAMA - April 20, 2021, 14:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

As explained in the January Missive, this year we'd like to decide on the future of Dopple spells. It's time we got your input: Ready for a little survey?

Avenir des sorts Dopeuls DOFUS Touch

In 2018, player Ravasz suggested in the French forums that Dopple spells obtained at level 200 should be removed. While this was not a priority for us, we nonetheless found it interesting and put it in the workshop.

This year, we'd like to deal with and wrap up the issue, but before doing anything else, we'd like to hear your opinions by way of a survey!

We've selected three options based on our schedule and our priorities:

• Completely remove these spells, as initially proposed
  • Replace Dopples with a new common summon, which would be controllable for 2 turns and have a recast time of a few turns. It would have three spells: the first for attacking a target in the player's best element, a second for pushing a target back a few cells, and a third for performing a minor heal.
  • Leave Dopples as they are and balance the damage done by certain spells without modifying their effects

We're being intentionally evasive on certain elements of the second point, as our game designers will have to discuss this if we go forward with it.

As we've already suggested, we don't want to balance all existing Dopples. We would rather devote this valuable time to other topics, such as balancing updates or the upcoming class revamps.

Now let's get on with the voting! You have until May 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM (Paris time) to complete the survey below.

Feel free to share any questions you might have in the comments section of this article before voting!

We want to thank players in advance for taking the time to participate in this survey.
First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

The survey has ended. Kindly give us ample time to collate the data, we will share the results soon. Thank you!

[Flatops] 

See message in context
Reactions 34
Score : 499

I'm in camp Remove Them (yes, I already did the poll).

Change the lvl 200 bonus to some number of extra spell points to help level existing spells – and give those to existing players who have already reached lvl 200 as spell scrolls which they could sell in case they've already maxed all of their spells (do the same for refunding any points someone already invested in their dopple spell).

(I am aware this could cause some inflation in the scroll market due to the influx of people selling them but it would eventually restabilize and would help up and coming players out as well).

0 0
Score : 633

Remove them from the game. If you want to continue to use the sprites for them, make a cosmetic potion with the condition of “Level>199” that changes you to look like the dopple of your class.

Option two is a terrible choice, which seems nice on paper but controllable summons for everyone will just cause double the amount of time being wasted as players do not pass their turns during AVA or KOTH or pvp fights. This is not to mention the diminishing of lock classes, which are already not aging well.

1 0
Score : 58

Para que eliminarlos si son una remcompensa para los que suben al nivel 200 no tienen.
2. que todos sean ijual seria horrible.
3. la mejor opción seria equilibralos y poder controlarlos pero que les den echizos que le hagan falta para ayudar otras clases

0 0
Score : 8

La mejor opción es el quilibrio de dopuls ya que son un regalo del nivel 200 y unas razas si los necesitan

0 0
Score : 151

Remove the Dopples. They were never figured out on PC and they will never be balanced because they are summons. summons have a fundamental problem that they need to be significantly powered up to hold their own in end game content but the issue with that is they become overpowered in pvp so they need to toned down thus affecting PvM and rendering useless in both instances.

The problem with option 2 is that it’s super generic on top of being just like what we have now, being stuck with a summon. Reaching level 200 should be a celebration, a big deal, not something to gloss over, it  should make YOU feel powerful. At level 200 we should have a spell that looks AWESOME! Something where  a new person looks at it makes them go “WOW, I want to reach lv 200 to get that!” Lv. 200 should feel very different than level 199. Nobody is reaching lv 200 because of this lame summon. Give us something that fortifies this and fortifies our class identity. Let’s us summon our god, once per fight, that plays like a 2-3 second sting/cinematic (akin to traditional rpg summons) and it does something to the battle inline with the class archetype. This was just a random idea, point being it needs to be cool. Yes this requires work on part of the developer to make something different, there’s no way around it. Dopples are lame because you guys haven’t put in the work, they are pretty much a rehash of enemies in the game. 

Option 3 is why we have this conversation, the problem are not the spells, the problem is the concept. Why is the sram summon, double, so good? Because it has 3-4K hp making it so it can survive fights in f3 and do what it needs to do. If it had 600-700 hp it would be useless. The Dopples have little purpose other than wasting AP to summon them and getting killed in one hit. 

If you are not going to do any of this then just give us an Ap like you do at lv 100, easy and everyone is happy, end of story. 

2 0
Score : 2

if you remove the dopple sacs gonna suck even more because of the no range on the spells taht woul be really unfair on all the sacrier players

no point on adding a trash summon with no %ress so they will just get 1shot

0 0
Score : 104

Clearly this is a tricky situation with nuance, that the developers do not have time for. I've found as an Osa the dopple is useless, and would require adjusting such as making it function like the Osamodas' other summons (in regards to Whip, Favoritism, etc) or even just be capable of summoning a couple creatures itself. However due to the issues this would cause in balancing, I agree it would just be best to remove them and instead give players either another AP or 30 Spell Points, something stat based that could help us feel like reaching 200 is worth it. I personally feel like the AP is nice and can open up more variation in what gear people use in endgame (though you may get some grumbles from the oldies for making them adjust haha).

2 0
Score : 499

animatik|2021-04-20 08:25:02
At level 200 we should have a spell that looks AWESOME! Something where  a new person looks at it makes them go “WOW, I want to reach lv 200 to get that!” Lv. 200 should feel very different than level 199. Nobody is reaching lv 200 because of this lame summon. Give us something that fortifies this and fortifies our class identity.

If you go with this option then call me: I already have a concept in mind for foggers. wicked

I've always wanted a railgun . . .
1 0
Score : 151

They can do sooo many cool things other than dinky dooples. Having a flashy "super" spell would make great prize and payoff for lv 200. Making the lv 200 spell a staple thats independent of whatever build you are. Make a kick ass trailer out of it, get people hype and another reason to make Touch unique from PC. Obviously something like this wont be ready in a couple of months and it is obvious they want a solution with the least work, money, resources as possible. Dopples are already lazy from the start, reuse assets. How great can they be?

0 0
Score : 6

Nouuuuu maybe the second options Is better, but don't remove the dopples pleaseee;they are nice and useful too for many dungeons.. And the mine dopple sadida is wonderful and intelligent too.. I prefare the second option cause if I'll control him maybe I'll don't failed some challenges.. But please don't remove totally

0 0
Score : 76

I am also in favour of just removing these wastes of AP.
Their AI is super dumb... or at least cra doppel - no doppel should hit poison when it had the chance to kill 2 low HP targets just to kill none of them. No balancing in the world is gonna fix that insane damage output of a feca doppel with Rampart on it and nobody would even bother hitting that thing for obvious reasons.
Another reason is (as the others also stated) i just feel like a lame ass summon is not gonna cut it for all the effort i made in xping my character. I'd be much happier to have something like a super cool looking but normal hitting "Ultimate Ability" - just like a cosmetic but still kinda useful ability that i'm willing to use for maye 4 or 5ap.

0 0
Score : 633

They don’t have development cycles for any of these flashy things. Just remove them and focus on class balancing.

The sacrier “being useless” example above just means the developers should focus on bringing spells like PC’s Lightspeed(5-range damaging linear teleport), Retribution(Damage based off of Eroded health), or some utility spells like Pillory(Unmovable, unless they take cc damage.)

I’d much prefer the dopples to go away and the developers to focus on these class balances.

0 0
Score : 207

Eu acho que os dopples deveriam ser ganhos no nivel 100, e para os jogadores lv 200 deveriam ganhar magia especial e unica de cada classe.

0 0

Para mí sería bueno que para todos los dopeuls tuvieran exclusivamente un echizo de dopeul que hiciera algo teniendo en cuenta el rol de la raza, en mi caso mi personaje principal es el Yopuka y como es debido el Yopuka gana en daños pues este echizo debería tener exclusivamente algo que le haga al contrincante, daño al igual que las demás razas dependiendo el rol de las razas haciendo que todo sea equilibrado obviamente pa que no digan que una raza está más fuerte que la otra, esa sería mi opinión para dopeuls pero si ya fuese elegir entre estas 3 diría que la 2 no está mal pero podrían como decía exclusivamente hacerle algún cambio a las razas mencionadas "Sadida que por lo general la invo Grut empuja, cura y desechiza" podrían simplemente hacerle un cambio a esta raza con su dopeul con esos echizo sugeridos al igual que otra raza que se beneficie de un dopeul como lo es esta (Sadida) con la raza osamodas pues no haría nada más que solo daños o dar Puntos de movimiento.

Este es mi punto de vista para una reforma de echizo y sugerencia.

0 0
Score : 63

Poderia sumonar o pet que equiparmos
pois ninguem mais usa pet.
assim ele teria uma ultilidade

0 0
Score : 17

What about Making dopple summon make thomething according to the Mark System, Attack, move, stop, It would make them useful at some things and also wont make the turns larger If it does not have any command then it will make the same things it does now. also a buff to the life and dmg on pvm would be helpful I wouldn't mind a spell that gives it a little buff for the dopple at cost of AP.

0 0
Score : -2

Why remove man Its so useful on some challenges, Or vulnerable bosses.

0 0

three options that do not please anyone, i am sure anyone who wants an option of the proposals ..

what everyone wants is as said in the comments here, something that makes getting lvl 200 to be exciting significant ..

why would anyone want it to simply remove the doplom? what do you gain by having an option less than magic? what everyone wants is for something significant to be removed and put in place, a reward for the lvl 200 of value. more or less ..

more important than a poll that does not leave a pleasant option and we have to choose between the least bad, it would be to read these comments and listen to real suggestions.

0 0
Score : 30

This is my opinion as a single-element base Sacrier main that did a lot of PvM and some Kolo on those options listed above:

(1) Completely Removing the Spell

Discussion : This is a big move for Ankama as for us players, reaching level 200 is no easy task, some might argue it's easy but as for someone who plays a single account and have to grind a lot by myself (sometimes with guildies), reaching the level 200 milestone really give a sense of accomplishment but being rewarded just a Summoning Dopple spell is not really something that I look forward to.

Summoning of Chaferfu (Lancer to be specific) and Cawwot give more use and more commonly cast compared to Summoning Dopples as both of those spells blocks opponents LoS and for me as a Sacrier, those are the perfect AP Cost Spell to be cast before ending the fight with Life Steal spell.

Conclusion : If Ankama decided to remove the Dopple Spell, players that reach level 200 SHOULD be compensated/rewarded either with extra AP/MP/Range/extra Spell Points, doesn't matter which, just something that could make the level 200 worthwhile.

(2) Replace the "special" Dopple Class Summon with a "common" Summon that can be controlled by the player

Discussion : As of now, the only "controlable" summons in the game are available for Osamodas (need to use other spell), Rogue's Bombot, Sadida's Living Tree (I forgot which), all are great but they barely last long as these are "utility" summons, which rarely being used. It would be a lot better if these new "common" summons be a new "special spells" that can be obtained via Quest/Dopples like Moon Hammer, Perfidious Boomerang etc.

While we're at this discussion, Ankama need to add new low-cost spells like Leek Pie, but with different elements, as it's not that "fair" so-to-speak for other elements, as we have Leek Pie (2-AP Fire) / Lightning Strike (4-AP Fire) / Moon Hammer (7-AP Air) / Perifidious Boomerang (6-AP 25% probability on hitting on 1 element), we have other spells like Soul Capture and Mount Taming but none are really that usefull for Kolosseum and new Dungeon.

Conclusion : Changing the summon to normal ones would be slightly better, but in my perspective, completely changing the Dopple Spell with an-exclusive FINAL BOSS kind-of-vibe spell would be even better. People would be annoyed on Sram's Double Summon as it's the same stats and resistance as the caster.

(3) Leave the Dopple Summon as is and rebalance it

Discussion : Here's something interesting, as a pure Agility Sacrier, not OP set, just an "okay" one, per turn I can deal damage with 2 Assault and 1 Close Combat, near to 1500 damage, no buff, but with Dopple, it can hit to a WHOPPING 500 damage biggrin (Yes, I'm being kind here with this number), so if Ankama would, said, "rebalance" Dopple, to what point? and will they have 12 AP/6 MP and will the AI be improved to a way better PvP style? It's all a gamble really.

Conclusion : Just like Dofus PC, there should be a Beta Server for Dofus TOUCH so those special players could try and review these things and not blindly jump into an option just because it sounded cool and handy.

Overall : I'm currently voting for adding a new end-game spell that makes level 200 milestone worthwhile and special instead of other options

2 0
Score : -2

animatik|2021-04-20 18:32:57
They can do sooo many cool things other than dinky dooples. Having a flashy "super" spell would make great prize and payoff for lv 200. Making the lv 200 spell a staple thats independent of whatever build you are. Make a kick ass trailer out of it, get people hype and another reason to make Touch unique from PC. Obviously something like this wont be ready in a couple of months and it is obvious they want a solution with the least work, money, resources as possible. Dopples are already lazy from the start, reuse assets. How great can they be?

Already everyone i see tries to hit 200.Dopple spell is enough for 200 lvl.What if everyone gets leech to 200 without Equipment, game experience or dofuses, is that better thing?
0 0
Respond to this thread