FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

UPDATE 1.39.0 and consequences

By Krorr March 20, 2019, 12:30:16

Dear Ankama staff,
I am a player of Dodge Server. I read a lot of scattered comments after the update 1.39.0; my intention is to group the set of information for everybody, you included, on what is really happening and illogical consequences in a unique post.

I assumed that a mobile game should favour the casual playing, at least a bit, because we could play while in train, car, work pauses, with the mobile, for short time each session. But dungeons are still long, farming ingredients could be everlasting under bad luck or depending on availability of other players, and now we have to farm more and more (if you are thinking: "you can always buy at the market", think also about where/how I should gather kamas and where I COULD gather kamas......)

Everybody is depending on HP recover consumables, farming ingredients for that is now more time consuming, distracting time dedicated to item and game progression. If one is not “rich” is pigeon holed in extra farming, and this is not the idea of enjoying a game I have.

Briefly I will start notes on what I know better, hopefully this will be implemented by other players, cross server, to give you the opportunity to understand where we are and what is happening:

• WATER: thanks to bots and players I see camping the wells, the price is slowly decreasing, at the moment tendency is set on 55K/EACH; but water shall not be an exclusive good, just a commodity
  • PHIALS for Alchemy: to me it is scarcely logical that to create a big vial we need to farm for a pearl, 10% drop of a long dungeon boss, impossible to farm alone. Big phial are set on 1400k each and pearl to 500k each; (100 HP potion = 50Kk at least)

I feel that you are not going to hear any suggestion, so I limit myself to tell you facts and situations.
I really appreciate some comments from your side, especially regarding the future we may expect in order to decide what and if still invest in the game.

TO ALL THE PLAYERS: hopefully you will be many, but try to keep this post essentially clean and constructive.

In faith.
Aspide
9 0
Reactions 12
Score : 61

Hunters and butchers are strongly affected by the update, having to provide all the resources via time consuming dropping sessions. Now professions' levelling depends on the ability of the chosen class to kill monsters. Personally I run a guild of new players and they low levels are unable to grow in term of professions, which was the easiest way to make kamas at the begin of the game. Update has also increased the bots activity in the game to cope with this sudden lack of resources. I hope this post will have visibility we prefer Dofus to be a game for fun and not for farm.
Melkio

6 0
Score : 309

I will second everything stated above. I also take issue with the money rewards being removed from the almanac daily offerings – with the economy and inflation in grandapan that was often the only way to reliably make money at low levels since low level items from the crafting professions sell for so little that it's practically not even worth putting up on the market and, due to all of the bots, the prices for resources from the harvesting professions was often exceedingly low. With basic resources like water, phials, yeast, etc. going strictly to drops this will mean it's hardly worth trying to level your character, to actually play the game, until you grind two or three professions to lvl 100 so you can actually afford good gear to help with the low and mid level dungeons and monsters.

1 0
Score : 16

Seriously they must do something for the water
add npc who sell it or anything else cause its riddiculous

on my server for 100 water it cost around 10 000k
It cost more than whatever you want to craft with it

Plus, the drop rate on mobs are really low (around 15% for regular mobs) 
it takes less time to wait next to a well dispite the bots and player who camp next to it

seriously...they have to do something about it cause its just impossible to lvl your crafting skills

1 0
Score : 71

From someone who hoarded 2000+ of each 30kk+ almanax reward material, I lost over 30 mil from this update. However, I feel that this is a step in the right direction. Almanax moneymaking was stupid. Buy stuff from market a month ahead, profit for no work at all. 

As for removing vendor goods, it is also a step in the right direction. However, with data on how much each material is valued at the current economy, recipes need to be tweaked to correspond with the material scarcity vs demand. 

For example, let us take wholewheat bread. 1 water, 1 yeast, 1 wheat, 1 wheat flour. Breaking it down further, 1 yeast is 1 water and 1 magical cure. 1 water is around 55k now, with magical cure around 90k. For simplicity let us say wheat and wheat flour together is 20k. That's about 220k for 50HP. Wholewheat bread used to be around 35-40k each, which is a bit low. If we want to bring the cost of wholewheat bread down to the old pricing, this is what can be done:

New formulas:
1 water + 1 magical cure = 5 yeast
1 water + 1 yeast + 5 wheat + 5 wheat flour = 5 wholewheat bread

The new cost based on old base material pricing would be:
55k + 29k + 100k = 184k = 5 wholewheat bread
36.8k per wholewheat bread

The same can be applied to every other food-related recipe. You just need to tweak the math a bit. If a resource is overly costly for its recipe, scale it in a way that you get more from each unit of the resource. 

0 0
Score : 443

your math can be ok, but numbers are not taking in consideration time needed to farm resources.
It is absurd but in this moment boots camping for water are helping the price to reduce...
Moreover being @200LVL forced to farm crabs to get water from it is not my concept of enjoy.

Let's get to numbers: to run med/high dj, I loose 2500/3000HP each room, so this would result in a 5 room (without waiting for a healer to join) dj = 2500x36,8/50x5=9200 Kamas. This expense with the risk of getting nothing unless a PP player is in the group or without a drop pack.
Kama earnings from a dj are not even sufficient to pay transport costs...
This would result in increasing the price of scarce drop rate items.
This is already the tendency, but the market now is extremely slow.
I have the feeling that the market is only moved by the rich old players from the gold era, that are now burning the fortunes with exo mages. But newcomers are scarcely producing kamas now, and with an uncertain future they are not incline to spend, just farm and try to accumulate to face other updates...

I still have uncertain feeling on the future and instead of farming more I play less time, prefer to wait in panties in front of dopples instead of drinking potions to recover HP, and I see a lot of players sit down like me... it is a pity.

0 0

That was the old cost... 36.8k per 50HP is about the same as pre-update. I don't know what you're trying to say here =/

If you can't get 9200k worth of drops from a dungeon where you lose 2500-3000HP per room, you're obviously doing something very wrong. You can get more than 10kk per fight doing kitsous... or boowolfs... or brakmar city gates... or koalas... or ghosts... or dark treechnids... or jellies... yeah you get the picture. All of those you won't lose more than 500HP per fight at L200. 

And not sure what scarce resources you've been monitoring, but scarce resources (frig2-3 dungeon boss drops) have been plummeting in prices. The only materials that are not dropping in prices are stuff bought with kolossokens and doploons. That's stuff that can be farmed by anyone (doploons especially). At L190+, a full dopple run gets you 200kk worth of doploons. That's (using 9200k per dungeon) more than 20 dungeons worth of food money per day if you do your dopples. 

0 0

mmh I guess you do not have professions. Prob you are great at kamamaking, but on the long run when many will have final setting on their PGs the market will slow down and your income will be less and less; now the game does not favour new players. I have my methods to make kamas, but respest you I can dedicate less time to farm for kamas. The dopples'run I use for my progression and crafting. Regarding djs I would prefer make them for fun rather than to farm. Last but not least even if we have different approach you should admit that the craft for the big phial is a bit... illogic.

0 0
Score : 389

Funny coincidence goultines price was decreased just before this huh. 

Server needs kamas PLEASE.

1.Solo players will be starved to death
2. Those willing to spend cash will, the others will leave
3. Multi players and botters (your main source of income, we know) will get bored from an environment only populated by their similar (they spend to prevail, not to be even) 
4. Are we on grandapan? Not yet. 

Please avoid dodge server death. 

1 0

Krorr|2019-03-25 15:39:57
mmh I guess you do not have professions. Prob you are great at kamamaking, but on the long run when many will have final setting on their PGs the market will slow down and your income will be less and less; now the game does not favour new players. I have my methods to make kamas, but respest you I can dedicate less time to farm for kamas. The dopples'run I use for my progression and crafting. Regarding djs I would prefer make them for fun rather than to farm. Last but not least even if we have different approach you should admit that the craft for the big phial is a bit... illogic.

I have 100 tailor/farmer/baker/fishmonger/hunter/butcher. 
The fix I suggested (altering the recipes) would fix all the problems with leveling professions. The old recipes (that use at least 1 water/temporal powder per craft) worked with the vendor materials. Tweaking the numbers a bit (craft more than 1 of the food for 1 water/temporal powder) can make it work for dropped materials. 
0 0

Ufortunately I haven't seen any suggestion given implemented, back from 2016. And in matter of fact I created this post under General Discussion, moved here to be forgotten... No reply from any of the staff, nor indication and also another week gone without anything, waiting for the market to settle by iteself. I saw your proposal, can be good to address scarce resources and improve life of new players. Thanks for your posts on these issues anyway. Water is @ 40/45K each and this small golden pearl is @478k at the market, with only the 1 single option to buy (how many?), still 10% drop from Shin Larva. I started to feel my alchemy wasted. 

0 0

I think, if anything, the auction house system needs to be reworked. With the current system, people end up deleting a lot of their drops because
a) It's not worth a market spot
b) You have no idea if the market price of that item would even sell (that price might've been there for weeks with no buyers)
c) Paying the market tax just to be undercut feels demotivating

With how complex certain recipe chains are (need a to make b, b to make c, c to make d), most casual players simply have no understanding of how most materials can be valued. They can only go by market prices, which for materials that are not heavily trafficked can be inaccurate. I've deleted probably 100+ small golden pearls because I had like 2-3 at a time, and I really could not be bothered to understand the crafting chain involved in small golden pearls to actually put it up for sale. 

I think the easiest solution is to implement market buy orders. It's just like the current market but reversed. You can put up a price that u want to buy something at (you have to pay the value to put up the buy order). The higher buy order price of an item is shown to sellers who browse. 

Then just implement the option to mark items in inventory as "favorite"s, and you can even do a "sell all" button that sells every non-equipment item in your inventory at market buy prices (unless those items are favorited). 

1 0

This could be a good idea to favour the offer and demand encounter point.
There were a lot of further suggestions from the player base given, that in my opinion were good to help the game develop further. In this moment I feel really demotivated.

My vision is that the dedicated team for the Touch version is very small with limited resources. Implementation of big changes with these conditions takes time and suggestions are not in the priority list. So to create longevity for the player base the strategy is divided between new content (see ascension island), small prizes for simple contests and more grinding for consumables and kamas creation (see the last big update). But nothing substantially in the direction of what Dofus Touch is at the end: a mobile game.
Bugs fix, bot war are suffering with this lack of resources; due to time rush sometime release of changes and updates are properly polished; obviosuly just an opinion based on feeling. When errors are found, implementations to correct them suffers as well. Recently, maybe not connected to last changes, we lost good players tired of futher grinding; bots are happy as kamas demand on unofficial market increased. Let's see.

0 0
Respond to this thread