By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Voice of Grandapan

By SpartanzMage April 19, 2019, 21:20:23
AnkaTracker

Dear Developers, Fellow Players, Moderators, 

I am going to break this post into three sections making this post easier to follow. First being the overall activity in this server. Second being in game purchases within the Dofus Touch community regarding current revenue and potential growth. Third being changes that need to be made to keep current players on Grandapan and not leaving to other servers let alone other game platforms. 

Activity in our Server (Grandapan) has been dwindling for months and the only thing that remains is approximately 20-30 players with multiple accounts and maybe a few solo players that like to hangout and chat with everyone in the remaining community. Moderators/Developers can confirm that there has been an enormous  amount of players leaving grandapan and heading to other servers such as Dodge. Just from discord alone and personal in game messages nearly 40 friends I had in game are now in another server due to the lack of activity in Grandapan. Players that have invested thousands of hours into this game are walking away from their investments to either quit or start over in a newer more populated server. We all love to play this game but due to lack of commitment and refusal to make any changes for us players except ones that hurt us for example the achievement drop nerf from 10 boss materials to 3 materials killed any potential growth thus in turn drastically raise item value which is totally fine for populated servers but what happens to low populated servers kills the economy and promotes the use of activity that is against the Dofus Touch Terms of Service policies and financial loss on your part. 

In game purchases for goultines I personally feel have been balanced and are at a more reasonable exchange rate in terms of $ cost for certain features. Roughly over a year ago I suggested to Flattops that there needed to be an addition to the amount of material and services added into the shop in game specifically rare items, ornaments, etc and by some miracle things started to change a few months later. However,  if you have no desire to merge the international servers like what was done for all the international servers of Dofus (Echo).  I truthfully see this server as a complete waste of time and financial investment. I refuse to throw away my hard work and amount of time spent just to start over into a new server that has the same potential issues despite having more players available. 

Some changes players of grandapan would like to see would first and foremost be the achievement rewards being returned to its original amount of 10 instead of 3. If this isn't done then how do you expect players to play your game efficiently and grind gears to further their progress whenever you decide to add new content?

If a merge isn't available how about changing our kolo system to allow us to compete against other servers like we do in select competitions and tournaments you offer or even just let us verse the other international server dodge. 

I could also personally suggesting new sets for end game players specifically only obtainable via goultine purchases or even the addition of boss materials that rotate like various items in the shop if you refuse to change the achievement amounts back to what they were originally and have always been. 

I am sure other players would like to suggest some other little things but for the most part I have covered the main issues regarding achievements and either a potential merge or kolo system change to give us some diversity in opponents instead of the same 3-4 people every day.

17 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

We thank you for your post. Our team is aware, and currently discussing your feedback.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 45
Score : 56

Tbh they should bring back buying resource from the shop like water and yeast. Plus the almanax should birnged back to.

5 0
Score : 137

Hi. You must have heard about this a thousand time in so many posts but as you can see SpartanzMage has clearly circle out the ''elephant'' in the room.

I am currently level 200 and I did struggle a lot to get where I am today. Our community, Grandapan, is slowly dying day after day. Our players are having difficulties/issues in term of evolving in various areas of the games (PVM, PVP and Economy). Even if we're helping the newcomers, there are so much to do and we must be assisted by the developers.

In addition, the previous and current updates have been beneficial for most populated servers, but they also had bad impacts on the less populated server as Grandapan. As SpartanzMage said, ''achievement drop nerf from 10 boss materials to 3 materials killed any potential growth thus in turn drastically raise item value''. In example, Frigost III boss mats are way much expensive in Grandapan than other servers (this material is sorted by the most expensive per server to the less expensive per server) which raise the level of difficulties for our players to complete their end game set (Dated: 19 April, 2019 // 19 Aperirel 649):

Grandapan

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Dodge

Terra Cogita

Oshimo

I really think that if we're not going to be merged to another international server as Brutas or Dodge, something should be done to overcome these issues. Spartanz has given some great suggestion that the Devs team should work on. The only thing that makes me stay in Grandapan is the fact that I have faith and know that something will be done. 

Regards,

Hitman

9 0
Score : 29
SERVER MERGE!
SERVER MERGE!
SERVER MERGE!
SERVER MERGE!
SERVER MERGE!
2 0
Score : 102

There are multiple reasons why this server is dying and the population is decreasing. But in my opinion, the main reason is that players don't help each other, and play selfishly especially strong players who have achieved so much in the game.

This server needs fresh blood, and unfortunately fresh blood comes and leaves as soon as they realize that no one cares to help them. Most of the players don't have access to frig 3. How are they supposed to do ice dofus quest and get stronger when they can't even beat frig 1 mobs? Strong players prefer to zaap sit all day and flex their muscles or have fun using emotes, while newbies are struggling alone trying to farm mats for their next set. I have been asking for help with frig 3 bosses for weeks now but no cares, no one helps. The game is not meant to be played alone, and dungeons are not meant to be soloed. There are players who never turned their "newbies" channel on, some don't even know it exists. I've seen so many people quit the game, and when you ask them they say: "I can't fight frig mobs alone", "one one helps", "no one wants to take me xp"...5 months ago when I started playing, Incarnam was so alive, now it's like zombieland.
It's not only the devs responsibility, it's also the players responsibility. I went to PC Ily server and it's much much funnier. Why? Because whenever you ask for help, people respond and offer the help needed, which makes you wanna log back in the next day. So, I'm sure new players on Grandapan would feel the same way if they get the help they need.

What this thread suggests (kolo system, new endgame gear), will help keep strong players going and enjoying the game. What about newcomers? what about those people who will buy your old equipment, your crafts, and resources from you? How can they do Kolo when they don't even have access to frig 3, let alone farm mats there and get strong gear.

I hope you and everyone else let this sink in.

3 0

Great Feedback Xelorus, but it is pretty rare that people are asking for help in the Newbies channel. Which can be a proof of what we're saying (the server is dying). Also, please note that some of these players are asking to be leeched, which is not the way you should play dofus touch. The game, in my opinion, is about discovery of your own capacity and not on how you should reach level 200 and not learning properly your class spell. Anyways, the issues is not there, the issue is about our economy and our server population suffering due to the previous update or due to the lack of focus on our server needs.

1 0
Score : 49

When we get merged  we have get a title ''Grandapan survivor''

7 0
Score : 1

Ankama!! Dont let Grandapan die.. do something... i wish grandapan will merge with dodge one day...

0 0
Score : 63

Grandapan is dying a slow death as discussed and i like the changes suggested here.  We really need new 200 lvl sets, there is very little diversity in what each class wears for end game and it would be better to have more options to mix things up some and fill the holes we are missing now.  One issue discussed here though is the game doesn't start at 200 and players shouldn't expect others to leach them to reach this (full wis players).  The guild I'm in is very helpful and we do work to give gear and bring new players through dungeons but it's focused on Guild or Alliance members.  We all probably should do more for the community to help though and kickstart new players.

The drop rate is killing us and needs to be changed back.  Also, a better way of finding online craft makers should be implemented.  I know it took me forever when i started to get things crafted so this would help newcomers.  

I also think removing the rank requirements for shields would be helpful, making them wearable by level would be better.  Also stop messing with the class spells for balancing (this really messed up Dofus PC).  Spend your time one new gear, fixing bugs,  and content.

2 0
Score : 54

At this point, I think the only solution to save Grandapan is to merge with Dodge. The server is already dead beyond the point of saving, and new players have a much easier time starting in other servers (Dodge, Oshimo, etc...) as the prices are lower and the community is more active and more willing to help new players. 

There are a lot of good ideas in this thread, but none will attract new players to Grandapan. Reverting achievements/etc will only make it easier for existing players to continue playing/slow down the pace that Grandapan dies at. Even if a new advertising is done for Dofus Touch to rebuild interest, new players will be at such a disadvantage in Grandapan compared to existing players and will choose other servers 100% of the time. 

The only way to "revive" Grandapan is either to merge or to completely wipe the server and restart it. The latter is obviously sort of extreme, and compensation in some form will obviously be necessary for the existing players. However, doing that might reopen doors to allow new players and old players alike to come in and create a competitive community that could rebuild Grandapan instead of continuing to let the cesspool of multi-accounting/zaap-sitting/everyone being high level and not doing anything at all////exist 

1 0

That would be to harsh to wipe out the server and restart everything from fresh. I could have done this in another server. I can't imagine the fact that all my achievements points and gear will be gone and what am I getting? Some candys for prospection and wisdom? Nah. I really think merging both international or merging every international server together will be good for all of us.

1 0
Score : 72

SERVER MERGE, or CHANGE SERVER POTION. I don’t care losing my house or paddocks, money will be found back in the banks, I don’t really get why they don’t merge with Dodge, Ankama we are just dying alone and you don’t care about your players. Let us play with the other global community, what’s the reason of having two different international server with a low population? Make a bigger one with the whole community

3 0
Score : 158

Merge; or the alternative way to do it would be to make a new server and copy in all players/banks/guilds/alliances from old INT servers to that one. Refund all paddocks and houses if you can’t create instances of them like on Dofus Desktop. Just like Dofus Touch Early—you have the technical capability to do this today.

Drowned, Grandapan

1 0
Score : 144

^^^^^ This. ^^^^^
All of this. As nice as it is to find 10-star mobs in late-game areas where you can potentially get a lot of drops and xp, it's pointless if you can't find players to help you out. I've had a perc in some later game areas that took over two months to get even half full because the area is so sparsely visited, and there's several quests in this area that require fighting the mobs there.

Ghost town may be an understatement.

1 0
Score : 54

Jeopardi|2019-04-20 16:24:56
That would be to harsh to wipe out the server and restart everything from fresh. I could have done this in another server. I can't imagine the fact that all my achievements points and gear will be gone and what am I getting? Some candys for prospection and wisdom? Nah. I really think merging both international or merging every international server together will be good for all of us.

I'm not saying its a good idea, but to "save" Grandapan without a merge there is no other option because the community will die regardless what changes they make in the actual game. 
0 0
Score : 18

Achievements restored would help us people without teams to continue playing and make gear. Unfortunately there is hardly and people playing i think at most i counted was 23 online and some people were using multiple accounts

1 0
Score : 17

Great ideas i just don’t think they will do anything as of this thread probably has the most comments in the suggestion box yet no developer or moderator participation

0 0
Score : 3

Agreed with spartanzmage original post let’s get something going here devs

0 0
Score : 1

+1

0 0
Score : 79

Call it what you want, but i have put 5100 hours into this account playing this game. Love the game and the people here but as time has gone by things have not gotten better for our server. I know some people were taking it to the extreme talking about wiping our server...please don't. We just need you to take time to evaluate everything that people have suggested and the needs of the people that choose to play your game. Efforts to "balance the game's economy" has only made things more difficult. If you feel as though a merging of 2 servers would unbalance the economy even further then the most viable option is the server change potion. At least this way all the materials from one server is not flooded to another. Take some time to consider what players need before making updates like allowing people to purchase up to 32 characters on 1 account. Bet you are making a lot of money off that idea. I am sure people would be willing to spend money instead on a server change potion. I mean we got a guy that changes his character class every couple days i'm sure he is just waiting to spend more money 

2 0
Score : 2

#SaveIntServers

0 0
Score : 29

Everyone here has made a ton of great points. I've recently hit 200 and am trying to get myself end game gear. Altho my guild is active and there are some players who are willing to help me collect materials for new gear. It's almost impossible to actually get a group to go do it. Server merge may be the best option. Altho I personally wouldnt prefer the headache that comes with that too. it is better than what we have. After finally reaching 200 I am almost disappointed to find that like some have said. All I can really do is help new players in Hope's that one day they can help me. But people dont last long. Especially when players that are leaving to go to dodge or others. come back just to tell people to leave Granda and go elsewhere... We need a dev. or someone to come look at this issue. I've spent alot of time and money on this game and dont want to restart. regaurdless of how fast I could potentially regain what I have. That's still wasted money and time that I really dont want to restart.

-Arch-Aic

2 0
Respond to this thread