FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Best Solutions To Fighting Bots?

By Pandasaur July 16, 2019, 11:14:25

So this has been an ongoing issue and personally its disheartening to see the markets get destroyed because of lazy players. After doing a lot of research out of jealousy, concern, and just anger for ruining a lot of income I could of had for grinding drops to level professions and make kamas I am really fed up and will be trying to explain and list out why I think these techniques would be a good solution that not only will help prevent bots tearing down the market but really hurt their business. 

Most players think that you can simply put down heavy items or even  open bwak eggs and so that bots will pick them up or try and fight the spawned monster. Sadly this is not the case because a bot follows a specific script designed for certain purposes. The bot will perform certain actions based on what has been designed for it to follow, fight monsters, harvest resources, and even sell spam in markets. 

Botters use applications/websites that have all of your map information listed for example 
-Forum Rules- this website allows them not only to get the MapIds to easily write scripts for their bots to follow but also allows them to get resource IDs for them to force their bots to gather certain ressources throughout the game aswell as where they can find them. 

Solution One: Try and remove these websites or frequently update your resource or map IDs so their scripts won't work. Simply asking for players to help report bots is a never ending non winnable battle because they can continuously make more and more accounts without fail. 

This brings me to my second solution which is one I highly suggest.... Botters do not use banks... If their account is banned then they lose everything that has been generated by their bots... So my solution is to watch the popular areas with moderators that are highly botted specifically around Bonta and of course Astrub. I suggest you guys and other players to start watching for bots running around that run to houses in these areas. I would not only encourage players to report the bot specifically but also report via screenshot the owner of the houses these bots are running into. If these reported accounts owning the houses that bots are running into are found to be violating the terms of service provided by dofus touch then close that said house and make it available again 30 days later after a maintenance similar to an abandoned house/padlock.

Without doing this, I think its pointless to even try and report anyone because you won't win.

I would also like to state that your captcha method of preventing bots is also obsolete because they can purchase a code from anti-captcha.com that will allow a secondary program to auto complete any captchas that are automatically presented in game against their bots.

7 0
First Ankama intervention

Hey there Pandasaur,

Thank you for your vigilance and suggestions! 

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 4

Hey there Pandasaur,

Thank you for your vigilance and suggestions! 

[Flatops]

Score : 577

You are welcome! I can add a lot more if you’d like smile

0 0
Score : 94

Regarding the house issue, I'm not familiar with how dofus touch is coded but here's a suggestion:
Have the system automatically send a report when more than 7 accounts enter a house in the same hour. The devs can then investigate each case and ban accordingly. 

The same logic can be applied to entering the same map. If more than 7 accounts enter the same map within a 5 second window, have the system automatically send a report. 

0 0
Score : 1

There are a lot of bot on every mining cave there is no longer possible for me to go there, my server is grandapan and I don’t know if this will be seen but I would be very satisfied to se them disappear they are all lvl100 and it’s very annoying tankssad

0 0
Respond to this thread