FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The effects of shutting down No Emu will have on Dofus Touch

By Crypto-Knight March 27, 2017, 18:08:24
AnkaTracker

Although I'm neutral to Ankama shutting down No Emu, I am very worried on the effect it will have on our servers, particularly the international ones. Although solo players are applauding this change, I don't think they are fully understanding the gravity of what could happen. The international servers were already in bad shape; only 15k players in Dodge and Grandapan respectively of whom many were multiaccounted through no emu. Moreover, the active player base among those were already declining. Now that process will be accelerated. I know that many, if not most, of the players that held the community together, the guild and alliance leaders, were using No Emu. If they choose to leave the game, it will have a contagious effect to those who were playing legally the whole time. Not to mention the effects this will have on the market.

So the point of all of this is basically, what does Ankama plan to do about it. They should not have done this without some good news to counter it. If they think that an Incarnam revamp and the arena system will bring back people, they are sorely mistaken. It's not nearly enough and far too late.

Just some ideas for Ankama:

- This one might be crazy but.. employ the No Emu developers, or make your own equivalent. We have already seen that Dofus Touch can be played effectively on PC. Thousands of players want to play Dofus on PC with the flexibility and financial system as Dofus Touch. Ankama is simply losing money by ousting these players. You can open a new server for those who specifically want solo players, you could even lock IP's to possibly ensure this.

- Server merge Dodge, Grandapan, and maybe Brutas. Probably wait and see how the server merge on PC Dofus goes. If all is well, then this might be an effective solution to dying servers on Dofus Touch.

- Expedite efforts on bringing the sidekick system to Dofus Touch. This is one of the best replacements for multiaccounting and may be a way of retaining those lost to No Emu.

I've always loved Dofus, but I'm not going to play on a dead server, and the subscription system of PC Dofus is a thing of the past that modern players simply don't want to put up with. All the pieces to make Dofus Touch successfull are there, but Ankama has to put it together.

1 -2
First Ankama intervention

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the constructive feedback, they will be shared with the team.

See message in context
Reactions 24
Score : 665

Agreed, they should've done a little more towards the game being better to play on mobile devices and as solo accounts before shutting down emulators.

0 0
Score : 145

No emu has announced that over 8000 ppl (ip) use no emu to play dofus touch dairy. This is a lot. They choose to play on no emu because dofus touch is not optimised for smartphone.....

Dofus is not easy game for solo player. In the international server, Even not easy for ppl in large guild too because of time zone difference.

It is very hard to find friends in same time zone for dungeon run.

Cript Knight made good points.

Plz hire noemu developpers for new authorized client plattfrom for PC.

Hero system like wakfu is needed.

Ankama must know why so many ppl used noemu. Plz provide the solution to problems

1 -1
Score : 577

8000!? 
I did not expect that number of players o.o
Yea that is a lot.

I kind of find out about "No Emu" after the announcment from Ankama.

I would've loved playing DOFUS on my iPhone and then for home comfort on my laptop. I wished DOFUS PC and DOFUS Touch would've been 1 game instead of 2.

I do hate multiboxing, reason why I play Touch and not the PC version.

1 0
Score : 103

merge the servers. dont sit around forever till its too late like on pc. the markets can recover, the playerbase will not. the game is already in an abysmal state and its current content plan doesnt offer much hope in prolonging or revitalizing it. how many more one liner patches are we going to have with simple text fixes?

1 0

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the constructive feedback, they will be shared with the team.

Score : -12

remember that there are players like me (I played th Dofus Beta...) that love the multi accounts so to have the possibility to play in a group alone. I work and can't wait for other human players. And I paid a lot of 2 euros to Ankama for having both two characters playing with bonuses...I really love Dofus. Please think about it!!

0 -1
Score : 231

I understand the niceties of emus and multiboxing, I understand the effects that losing such players would have on the economy as it is, and I understand that not everyone can/want to go through the potential troubles of finding people to go through the non-soloable content.

That said, multiboxing also has a negative effect for those that choose to play the game as (in the case of Touch) intended:
- Coordinating defenses against multiboxers attacking percs (or attacks against multiboxer's defenses).
- Similar issues with AvA.
- Lower market prices is a double edged sword: while it can make some items more affordable for buyers it also makes resources and crafts less profitable for sellers. Those can be easily hoardable by multiboxers while monoaccounts have to put a real effort with no return of investment.

Basically the effect of multiboxing is that once it goes widespread (as it is now) it becomes almost mandatory for anyone that intends to achieve any degree of "success" in the game. That's why pretty much every guild leader multiboxes on emulators.
Even more so in Touch where you are not only meeting multiboxers, but also multiboxers taking advantage of emulators that simplify the game both because of the platform and the aditional shorcuts and functionalities that those provide.

While I play on mobile myself I have not much of a problem with people playing on PC. Or I wouldn't if playing on PC didn't make multiboxing ridiculously easy.

If economy suffered after banning multiboxing, as some of it's defenders argue, then Ankama could and should correct that. Adjust drop rates. Adjust dungeons.
What Ankama can't do is adjust drop rates while a huge percent of the Dofus Touch population is multiboxing and then, afterwards, block it and see how it goes. On one hand you can't actually adjust anything that way, and on the other they'd just be rewarding multiboxers with free candy and further screwing the economy.

1 0
Score : 858

Problem is this won't even remove multiboxing, it will just make it harder for most. Therefore, the top 1% who are at end game who can still multibox will dominate the market and the server.

I would prefer if Ankama only allowed one connection per IP and truely removed multiaccounting. Not this, this will just give those on top a complete monopoly.

0 0
Score : 44

The solution is to bring Hero System (from Wakfu) to Dofus Touch, It should bring people more happier and a win win situation for Ankama, people would pay for it with Goultines

0 0

Crypto-Knight| Today - 15:55:48
Problem is this won't even remove multiboxing, it will just make it harder for most. Therefore, the top 1% who are at end game who can still multibox will dominate the market and the server.

I would prefer if Ankama only allowed one connection per IP and truely removed multiaccounting. Not this, this will just give those on top a complete monopoly.

It won't remove multiboxing, and I don't even think that it's even possible to completely block it, but still it wouldn't make sense that Ankama allowed such an easy way to do it with zero effort.

Allowing one connection per IP wouldn't solve anything either, it would just create problems for legit users (ie. me and my stepson play through our WiFi at home, so same IP with two different accounts) while multiboxers could just use proxies.

If the idea is keeping multibox under control on Touch (eg. one thing could be using a couple of accounts from a phone and a tablet, and another completely different thing to control a full 8 char group as easily as switching tabs) then it's easier to detect and handle if you only have a few players dedicated enough to find obscure methods to bypass the block, and not a publicly available tool designed to allow player to multibox from day one (and getting access to features that give them an edge over "legit" players, while at that).
0 0

I just disagree. If people are going to have the ability to multiaccount. I want us all to have the ability to multiaccount. Only way to level the playing field.

0 0

Crypto-Knight| Yesterday - 17:24:07
I just disagree. If people are going to have the ability to multiaccount. I want us all to have the ability to multiaccount. Only way to level the playing field.

Let's agree to disagree then, but I feel that's a slippery slope. It could just as well be argued, then, that if some people have the ability to use bots then Ankama should let everyone do it.
0 0

Not really.. multiaccounting is not against the ToS, botting is.

0 0
Score : 1
Me explicas por favor Como Es Que ANKAMA pierde dinero porqué las Personas jueguen En un PC con emulador ?
0 0
Score : 714

A dofus touch team manager search button or team search for dungeons and what not like there is on dofus.

0 0
Score : 118

You cant limit it to one Account per IP address. Some people play with family members on the same IP. Thats not multilogging.

0 0

Crypto-Knight| Yesterday - 19:59:33
Not really.. multiaccounting is not against the ToS, botting is.

Multiaccounting on Dofus Touch using a PC app/emu isn't allowed either. The question is whether something should be allowed in order to level the playing field with those that would do it regardless.
0 0
Score : 145

I want to know clear understanding on what is alloweded....

I have chrome book for android apps working.Is this permitted? Not classfied to PC?

How about remote control apps displayed on Chromebook?

I think impossible to make the clear guideline because technology gives us many ways to play multibox.

0 0
Score : 37

Agree with merging the two servers - good idea.
Solution to this problem: wakfu's hero system (let us play multiple characters from the same account). The game is basically designed in a way that asks you to play multiple characters. Ankama needs to just make it a formal feature, and then these problems will all go away. Well, mostly, anyway.

0 0
Score : 81

I literally quit old dofus because of multiaccounting so yeah, im happy and i hope it wont come back. If you wanna multiaccount and play on pc, just play pc version of dofus...

0 0
Score : 37

There are reasons people may want to multi-account on iOS instead of PC... for example, they want to play on iOS due to portability... or they don't like new features added to the PC one and are more happy with version 2.14.

0 0
Score : 81

That being said, i dont get why do we need 2 international servers, its not like the playerbase is that huge, just merge it

0 0
Score : 121

Don't merge the hispanic server with the internationals.

0 0
Respond to this thread