FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The current and future state of Dofus Touch (Implementing content, involving community, etc.)

By NINJA-MGS August 17, 2017, 06:24:03
AnkaTracker
Reactions 32
Score : 33

We are now in 2019 and it would be interesting to have an update from the devs about the possibility to fuse servers.

0 0

Hi Jahaa,

A server merge is not planned at the moment but we'll share your feedback with the team for discussion. Thank you!

[Flatops]

Score : 338

yyyyep, deaf

2 0
Score : 2

Even if a server merge "is not planned", I think Jahaa was looking for whether or not this was possible. We've heard a few times over the last two years or so that you don't have the ability or resources to. Despite not planning to, is this possible in the not too far future. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

0 0

Hi The-Friendlyhippi,

At this time it is technically not possible. For more information please check this post. Thank you!

[Flatops]

Score : 44

If Dofus touch early can transfer our char. to another server (which has been done many times) it is possible so your comment is not correct.  It's transferring the items in our banks and houses that is probably not possible at this time (without some programming work).  Maybe this is the price we need to pay for transferring servers.  Also you could charge money for this service so it's a win to you.  Lets say $20 per char and 1,000 accounts decide to transfer servers.  This is $20,000 to pay for the work or even hire a temp worker to complete the work so it doesn't take away from your full time programmers(shouldn't take more than a month or 2 of programming if any is needed, or just babysitting the transfers). 

So it is possible, it's just not a direction you want to go.  So stop with the technically not feasible talk and just say it for want it is.  You have no desire to make this happen and would rather let a server die before merging 2 low populated ones to prolong your customers enjoyment of the game compared to diminishing activity on both.

1 0
Score : 2

This is an interesting point. On Dofus PC there was 'issues' from people transferring between servers and many people were against it. However, if nothing is done about it, then we end up with dead servers and people leaving the game (well, more people leaving). It'll be interesting to see what comes first.

0 0
Score : 139

It broke my heart seeing this originally was posted in 2017, for a moment I thought it was new."

I have played this game on and off since before they colored in the spells. Trust me, I KNOW how good this game can be if Ankama listened to us.

Rushu, that was the server. Anyone could play on it. I am from America but I got along fine playing with French-speaking players. It was fun working together when you could only communicate with emotes. It made things exciting, humorous, and interesting.

What good is it doing you by separating the servers based on language? I don't know of any game doing this to the extent that Dofus has. It feels like a personal attack. I've tried to make an account on the French servers but I am not allowed to. I would rather play on a server where I don't understand anything people are saying but is populated than Dodge or Grandapan where you feel completely alone like you don't matter to Ankama at all.

1 0
Score : 291

[Ankama]DOFUS-Touch|2019-04-23 09:00:54
Hi Jahaa,

A server merge is not planned at the moment but we'll share your feedback with the team for discussion. Thank you!

[Flatops]

This is the exact response I got in 2017; "we'll share your feedback with the team for discussion". I really wonder how your team is functioning because it's been 2 years and if your team by now not has realized that this game is dying, then it's probably better if you stop advertising your game on Instagram (because that's how I got back in the forum to begin with). If the merge of servers weren't technically possible then the discussion would be pointless to begin with. Very little has changed and I'm still not planning on playing this game after I quit it 2 years ago.

0 0
Score : 33

I have an idea that should make this game last much longer and cause less players to drop out... This idea is taken from another MMORPG (old school runescape). It is that before you release a new update, do a poll in-game and if at least75% players vote yes to update coming out then release it, if not, don't. This makes sure you don't release updates that upset a lot of players.

0 -1