FR EN
FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Scrolling System And How It Works (For Dummies)

By Essejjae September 12, 2018, 16:35:42

Good afternoon my fellow Dofus Touch players!

After today's update you may have been wondering what happened to your stats and scrolls and why do you now have 2132 characteristic points to spend. Well, I'm trying to explain the basics of the new stat scrolling system and how the stat reset from update works here so, let's get to it!

Scrolling and How it Works Now:

As you may know, before the update you were able to scroll your stats up to 101 and only if you had spent less points in the stat before scrolling, making it so you had to use scrolls before natural points to get most out of your characteristics. Well this has changed now, scrolls are no longer tied to base stats and they are now considered as their own bonus. This allows you to spend you characteristic points freely without having to worry how and when to scroll!

But how is this different to the system before exactly?

Before when you scrolled your stats the scrolled points were added to your base stats affecting the soft-caps for your natural points, effectively just being additional characteristic points gained through other ways than level-ups. But now they are a permanent bonus similar to the temporary bonuses from consumables like shigenaxes.

So, for example: You want to have 300 int,
Before you scrolled int to 101 and then added 598 points in it to have 300 int.
(101 from scrolls, 198 points for 99 int with 2:1 efficiency and 300 points for the last 100 with 3:1 efficiency)
Now you can scroll to 100 and then just add 300 points in int to get to 300, leaving you with 298 extra points to spend on whatever stat you like!
(100 from scrolls, 100 points for 100 int with 1:1 efficiency and 200 points for the last 100 with 2:1 efficiency)
This means that to get as much characteristics now than before uses up less points, allowing you to increase your characteristics higher than before! (Doesn't affect characteristics with constant rates like vitality and wisdom due to their soft-caps not changing)

Basically, this change means you can have more characteristic points than before, slightly increasing the power of every character. (Sadly this does not help pure vitality builds of Masqueraiders and Sacriers or pure wisdom builds of Enutrofs and Xelors and others with such builds...) Also, resetting stats no longer has an effect on additional characteristic points gained from scrolling, making it safe to reset stats even without full or empty scrolls.

Point Reset and How to Go About It

So, now let's talk about the 2132 characteristic points you got after the update reset all your stats. You may be wondering how the math works. Shouldn't you have 995 natural points + (6 * 101 = 606) scroll points that equals up to 1601? (at level 200 with max scrolls from before) So, where do those extra points come from and how should one go about on distributing them?

First of all, when you go allocating your stats it should look something like this:

Here you can see we have the normal 995 natural points left to spend and 1166 additional points (scrolled points before the update hit) to spend. When spending points remember to check the correct box before you add points so that you don't accidentally put your natural points in a stat you don't want to or you'll have to waste time or money to reset your stats and try again.

So, the natural points work the same as before, you add them in the corresponding rate until you hit the next soft-cap making that stat more expensive to raise. For example, with 200 natural points on Iop we can use 100 points in strength to get 100 points because the starting rate is 1:1, and when we add the rest of the natural points we get 50 strength with 100 points because the rate is now 2:1. Before the scrolls just added 1 or 2 points in that stat without the rate or soft-caps mattering at all, but these additional points from the reset work a bit differently. (Scrolls themselves still work the same, don't worry about them)

Let's take a look on how the additional points work:

As can be seen here we need 125 additional points to increase intelligence by 75 (we already have 25 scrolled points) to reach the new scrolling limit of 100 points. 25 points to get from 25 to 50 and 100 points to get from 50 to 100. Seems like the additional points use the rates and soft-caps the same as natural characteristic points. This would explain the surprisingly high amount of additional points as just 101 scrolled wisdom would've turned into 303 points.

Now these additional points are not tied to any stats, meaning you are free to change your scrolling from before the update in case you want to change your element or just put those 303 wisdom points to max out some offensive stats. Just remember that scrolled points can no longer be reset so as soon as you put these additional points in a stat you are not able to redistribute them in any way. You can only scroll the other stats you want to rise if you weren't fully scrolled already before the update.

Basically natural and additional points work the same, they are just completely separated and have no interaction with each other. Also, the new max scrolling formula is 25/25/30/10 for using the corresponding scrolls within their restrictions.

Hope this helps and if I missed something important or if you have any questions just ask here or send a message in game to Soulbound or Thenqwe (server: Dodge)
1 0
Reactions 10
Score : 16

My man ! 

1 0
Score : 71

Thanks! let me ask one thing, (I do not know before I was putting together the scroll to reset) on a sacri I imagined to have possibility to add 101 vit (with old scroll 25-25-29-11) giving a pool of 202 total, is that correct?
I tried now and I can allocate only 50 additional points to reach a pool of 100 total? Do I miss something?

0 0
Score : 650

With the old system Sacrier would have still only got 101 vitality (scrolls are not affected by sacrier's unique rate of 1:2 in vitality adn they still aren't). And since in the new one the additional points take the rates of natural points into account you only need to use 50 additional points to get the maximum scrolled points in vitality (100). The problem is that if you had vitality scrolled before the update you would've only gotten 50 additional points for that anyway (because of the rates and caps) as they only gave us enough additional points to reach the same amount of scrolled points as before meaning that you can't really use those points to get more out of a different stat.

0 0
Score : 210

I think you should reset the points again tomorrow.  I messed up and know others have as well when adjust points with this new system.

0 0
Score : 125

Just make a video and i bet it will be ~1mk watches there. Much easier

0 0
Score : 650

True, but I was dumb enough to use my own points before making this... Got the pictures from a friend.

And I'm not really familiar with making proper videos so, it would've been quite a mess to watch and would've taken me forever to make.

1 0
Score : 97

buy small scrolls save points with this att, it can be helpfull to use small scroll points on each element before you use your spell points ( if you were not full scrolled already)

0 0
Score : 19

What if I don't allocate the "additional points" and rescroll my character to 101 in all stats? What happens to those points? Can I 'scroll' to 202 now? God ankama has the worst dev team.

Edit: Wow, just reread your post and realized that we can only scroll to 100 now, not 101. Victory?

0 0
Score : 12

yea im curious about that now too then, if I scroll everything to 100 and then use the additional points does that mean I just get extra points?? and so If I reset usiong orb or what ever do I get additonal points ontop of aditional points??

also P.S have not received the orb that was mentioned on discord

0 0
Score : 1
smile
0 0
Respond to this thread