FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Macroeconomic system of Dofus touch

By matis84#9880 August 24, 2021, 11:01:42
WORKING PROGRESS

This topic aims to explain the ingame macro-economic system of Dofus touch in order to try to understand the different phenomena that can influence the economy and therefore that led to a generalized deflation on the oshimo server (and perhaps on the others). Here, we do not talk about the shop transaction, illegal transaction or ankama economie.

In dofus touch there are 3 major economic players : the consumer, the seller and the producer*. It is 3 economic actors who are all players and are often interconnected, a producer can also be a consumer.

*We differentiate between the seller who simply buys and resells items, the producer who consumes resources to produce wealth and then sells it.

There is a 4th economic agent that rarely interacts with the economic system and when it does its impact on it is very important, it is the developer.

The production and destruction of natural wealth (without the use of loopholes) in the player can be linked to the number of activities he can perform during his game sessions.

But the developer can also contribute to the creation or destruction of wealth through various features or updates that adds in games.

On the other hand, we do not know the quantity of the balance between monetary creation and monetary destruction. In this subject it is considered not equivalent with a greater generation than destruction.

There are 3 different types :

Each type has different economic properties :
  • Equipment can be both an item considered in some cases as a resource.
  • Consumable is an item that has a unique use that consumes the item.
  • Resources are the central pillar of the economy because it is the one that allows the manufacture and production of the other 2 types of items.

Everything that has been presented before was intended to briefly explain simple concepts in order to introduce the very generalized macro-economic system :

We can see here the presence of 2 markets :
  • The primary market is the new market which concentrates all economic transactions and exchanges between two economic agents: the producer and the consumer. It's this market that produce item. If you want to represent it : It's a person who craft or generate something (creates wealth) then put on sale via different means of sale (HDV, exchange and merchant mode).

• The secondary market is the second-hand market and consists of two types of economic actors : the seller and the consumer. This is the market for speculation, there is no production of items in this market, the sellers are consumers who buy items on the markets and sell them on the secondary market.

There will be monetary destruction during most transactions because most of then are carried out in HDV (The sales tax represents 3% of the sales price).

Spending is income of others. Thus the money flows between the different actors via the very principle of purchase and sale goods or services (not represented).

However, not all of the wealth produced by the various markets is fully reinvested, and a large part of it accumulates in the form of savings. Saving (the dormant currency) is the whole of the capital that an economic actor possesses (resources, equipment, consumable and home) and wealth (kamas) that could be reinvested in an economic market. Money that is saved is money that no longer circulates in the economy which results in a shortfall for sellers and producers. This is a very dangerous phenomenon that must be avoided in particular.

I also estimated the presence of different types of items in both markets based on an economic logic : Indestructible items accumulate.Developers, even if he has ‘normally’ no control over the economy, can quite change it if he wishes.

In my opinion, a large part of the economic deflation is due to an overgeneration of resources, which are too large on the markets leading to a generalized fall in their prices but also in the prices of the items that make up their composition.

Theoretical ways

I think there are 4 generals ways to promote the economy :
  • Prevent accumulation of savings
  • Decrease trade on the secondary market
  • Creating Innovation
  • Decrease resource generation

Practical ways

• Taxes on wealth or augmentation of number(quantity) of ressources in receipts
  • Higher tax 5%
  • Creating New receipts
  • Anti-bot/drop rate decrease
  • Improve the demande (légendary weapon (with consumation of ressources)/ unlimited recet of caract/ temporary decrease of level / Diminution retrograde of caract of equipment in time*)

*subject in creation
2 0
Reactions 2
Score : 64
  •   Prevent accumulation of savings (taxes on wealth or creation of inflation)
  •  Inflation doesn’t decrease the accumulation of wealth and will never do that. It only decrease the pressure on debitors (which shouldnt really exist in an onlinegame). Taxes can be avoided and simply trigger the wrong feeling for an game imo. I want to relax and chill maybe go inactive for a few months and then return without losing my hard earned kamas.
  • Old Server means a lot of old players who quit or have many sets, which results in a high supply market even without farming/creating new items. So the typical „evolution“ will be decreasing prices unless there are big equipmentchanges or the player base grows a lot bigger with newbies.
Creating Innovation
  • Fair Point would help.
Decrease trade on the secondary market (higher tax 5%/ more destruction)
  • Ofc the tax increase will decrease the monetary ammount we have but in the end it wont be enough and if it is rising to much people will simply use the tradechat more activly and the merchant mode.
  Decrease resource generation (anti-bot/drop rate decrease)
  • Decreasing resource generation hurts new players more then botters or old players who already have what they really need
1 0
Score : 62
Prevent accumulation of savings (taxes on wealth or creation of inflation)
  • We aren't in the real world here so taxe on wealth couldn't be a good idea, but inflation pushes people to invest in the real economy so as not to lose their dormant money (here again he can't be a good idea if the inflation are too hight for the afk player a recommended a 5-10% of inflation per years).
  • I have no idea for prevent accumulation of wealth if you can fix it the direct consequence can be inflation. For me we need inflation !

Creating Innovation
  • Fair Point would help.
  • new equipment recipe

Decrease trade on the secondary market (higher tax 5%/ more destruction)
  • Ofc the tax increase will decrease the monetary ammount we have but in the end it wont be enough and if it is rising to much people will simply use the tradechat more activly and the merchant mode.
  • Ofc ? I haven't talking about the balancing creation/destruction of money ingame. I think there are more monetary creation that destruction but i can't prove it... but there aren't inflation that's mine this ammount of money isn't in the real economie. It is likely to accumulate in players' savings (my opinion).

Decrease resource generation (anti-bot/drop rate decrease) 
  • Decreasing resource generation hurts new players more then botters or old players who already have what they really need.
  • It is quite possible that this is the case if we do nothing to balance the loss of profit, it would then strike new players for a quest-oriented wealth gain system by slightly increasing the kamas of the quests (but you also have to do watch out for bot!)
0 0
Respond to this thread