FR EN
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

resource protectors

By Lord-Megadeath#5582 December 04, 2021, 17:21:35
AnkaTracker

I was reaping cereals and got into battle with a 1400HP resource protector located on the other side of the map, it killed me before I could even reach it. Then I tried again and when i finally reached it, I got killed by reflected damage. How the heck someone in ankama's level idealized something like this? 
You will just ruin this game's resource collecting system and economy. Please revise it imediatelly before it get worser.
Why don't you implement an improved captcha system to stop bots? Don't you see this update will not totally stop bots but will only penalize real players like me.

12 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys,

Thank you for the feedback.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 26
Score : 56

Protectors are like bosses now, I can't kill a single one of them. 

Not being able to put my products on the market ruins my fun. Please guys revise this decision 

5 0
Score : 112

im with you in all cases! This and that you dont get exp anymore for exploration achivements is enough to stop playing for now. Doesnt make fun at all. 

3 0
Score : 49

These resource protectors just can’t be defeated! Either because of the map layout or that they have so many MP, i died 3 times in 10 minutes, lost 3000 energy, and spent 1,5kk just for the zaaps… this in unbelievable, worst thing they could make. Cereal shortage is coming and so, the bread prices will get even higher. Please do something

4 0
Score : 145

The only class I have seen survive to the new protectors is an ENI and in fact in Astrub I have seen groups of Eni instead the usual groups of Ecas... In all the maps I have been attached I died before to being able to hit once. After quite a lot of frustating trials I quit collect resources and park my young collector pg at the zaap until further changes.

1 0

Hi guys,

Thank you for the feedback.

[Flatops]

Score : 104

Hello Flatops,

I have recently come back for the first time since the resource protectors were updated. I am ashamed to say it, but I have not once been able to defeat one. At the moment they are simply far too powerful.

On my level 188 cha/int Osa (level 100 Farmer) I have 2391 max HP and the scarecrows that appear have 2200 hp, cause 40% erosion, and do 723 damage at the end of each turn, have 8 MP and are not lockable. If I could not heal, from the poison damage alone, I would die in 3.3 turns. Even healing >450 HP per turn, the 40% erosion reduces my max HP down to being 1-shotted in under 6 turns. This doesn't even account for how much reflection damage it can do; from my calculations it reflects 75% of incoming damage, so at 2200 HP, it will deal 1650 damage over the course of the fight from that. Even worse, it literally has 8 MP, with a flighty AI that makes me unable to even reach it with attacks beyond the 2nd turn, even if I am lucky enough to have a map that allows me to start the fight next to it. Even though I can do about 950 damage per turn, it would take me a minimum of getting to the 3rd turn to kill it, at which point it would have done 1650 + 2 * 723 = 3096 guaranteed damage to me, with another 723 on the way the moment I pass that 3rd turn.

I am extremely concerned by this, as someone who has dedicated myself to maximizing all professions among the characters on my account. As it stands, I can no longer gather materials because it is just a matter of time before I am annihilated. I often used to go training my professions whenever I wanted to get a break from combat, but now doing so puts me in battle with the single-most difficult fight I have yet experienced. If the protector level scales with your profession level, I think I would actually be able to do more by resetting from 100 down to 1 again so I have even a mathematical chance of survival.

1 0
Score : 41
exclThis new update of the resource protectors have a problem in the sistem of end the bots, because now bots dont level up the profession more than the level 20, so they can avoid the resource protectors. i saw so many bots low level profession (they are lvl 2 and max 10 of the caracther) miner collecting copper, iron and bronze. in my personal opinion the 85% of reflecting damage have to be reduce, sometimes you die for that even you are not a bot, maybe 25-50% of this reflect damage will be fair.

3 0
Score : 83

Simplemente imposible recolectar con estos protectores de recursos y ANKAMA sólo se limita a decir "Gracias por los comentarios" van dos semanas semanas aproximadamente con el problema. ¿Será que hay que empezar a darle mala publicidad al juego para que solucionen este problema? 

4 -1
Score : 66

Help with this... ADDM e GM

1 0
Score : 83

Que esperan para solucionar? No me hagan abandonar el juego

4 0
Score : 29

NERF PLS

2 0
Score : 258

Dear Ankama Staff if you read this, I did not want to create another thread.

After a few weeks from this new intro about the protectors things have a bit calmed down. Many like me re-set the profession charts and in a way or another we can survive most of time. BUT is if frustrating to find the protector on the other side of the maps; sure death for all of my chart, unfortunately I hit the 100 on resource farming on short range char. I hope this was not expected from this update. I can understand that was easy to cut'n'paste the tresure chest algorithm and programming but on that the maps were fixed, applying the same on hundred of different maps with different starting point is hard to handle. I humbly suggest to program the attack of protector in an instanced map, where maps are a few and can be programmed the protectors to start close or nearly close to the char. Doing so, non-set char for their relevant lvl will die anyway, but you can relieve frustration (kamas and energy and TIME to go back) from geniune players, really.
If you won't take any action on the long run many maps will remain unused by professionals and this would mean less resources' spots (unless this was your plan), I have already seen 10 star spots between two 0 stars ones, and it is nice when you think "uao I was damn lucky, but you relized just after why.......

Have a great Xmas time.

p.s. another simpy Thanks for the feedback would be really appreciated, at least for me to feel less alone out in this wasteland 

1 0
Score : 251

Any solution?
Alguma Solução??

0 0
Score : 29

Has anyone learned a strategy for this? I am new to the server and was making decent progress with resources and now my character is level 40 and the 60 resource collector is murdering my life.....

2 0
Score : 51

First you removed an reasonable way to get water. Now I can’t level my professions. This needs fixed ASAP

1 0
Score : 18

Please nerf the resource protectors. As a wisdom char trying to lvl professions on the side, the new resources protectors are murdering my gaming experience...

1 0
Score : -10

Los protectores son relativamente faciles de matar te curan cada dos turnos si bien es tedioso el reflejo y el veneno solo debes contarlos adecuadamente para matarlos. 

1 -2
Score : 18

Gathering used to be the relaxing side of the game when you wasn't in the right mood for challenge yourself with difficult stuffs. Now that side is completly gone, gathering is now frustrating and unpleasant. Please find some other solution to fix the bot problem who do not plan to completely ruin the spirit of an important part of the game!

1 0
Score : 126

I didn’t manage to kill the protector with either of my characters. As I love to collect resources, this is extremely frustrating. Please revisit and correct to make harvesting fun again.

1 0
Score : 38

Oswa0128#3531|2022-01-04 05:11:41
Los protectores son relativamente faciles de matar te curan cada dos turnos si bien es tedioso el reflejo y el veneno solo debes contarlos adecuadamente para matarlos. 

Yo llevo como ocho peleas y al quinto turno muero de uno u otra forma y no me curan
1 0
Score : 258

te curan si estan a bajo de la mitad de vida; muero lo mismo la majoria de las veces por distancia y no llego

1 0
Respond to this thread